The Fleer: A Spring Creature suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you like the Fleer? :) YES, yee, ok, meh, or UGH?

325 posts

littleblush • 13 February 2018 at 4:49 AM

Hi!
Here is the design:
http://i67.tinypic.com/al175i.jpg
Please tell me if the link doesn't work 😊 [I just realised I forgot to color the middles of the yellow flowers black in the last stage...just...pretend they're black XD sorry]
Edit: I just learned that it cannot be chosen for March so I changed it to just a spring thing 😋 Just ignore what it says in the picture XD

Description:
Height: 70cm
Weight: 55kg
Habitat: Forest

About the Fleer egg
The Fleer egg has a shell with a velvety texture, similar to a petal’s. It also has a beautiful sunflower imprint on the shell. There are lush emerald vines that encase the delicate egg, protecting it from harmful predators and such. Once ready to hatch, a Fleer egg will slowly bloom like a flower instead of cracking open in half.

About Fleer creature
A Fleer is a beautiful and majestic creature that resembles a large fawn because of it’s adorable big ears and the little orange spots on it’s back. When a child, they are called a Flawn. An adult is called a Fleer. It’s little tail is actually a baby tulip that grows from short stem of green. It’s fur is a light, warm brown, and the fur remains a similar texture to the shell, soft and velvety. A Fleer drinks honey and eats grass, nuts and fruits but never flowers. A Fleer will never eat a flower, as to them, flowers are like gold. Several twisty vines and flowers grow on a Fleer and acts as protection. A pretty sunflower imprint lies on a Fleer’s rump’s side. This dictates it’s mood, which most of the time is happy. When cheerful or excited, the flower will seem fresh and bright yellow. When sad or angry, the flower will become wilted and a dull yellow. On a really bad day the petals could possibly turn brown. A very significant feature, or rather disability the Fleer has is that it is blind. But, although blind, the Fleer is still able to frolic around meadows, defend oneself and find food, honey and shelter using it’s other strengthened senses. An advantage they have are their ears, for the large size allows them to hear almost everything within 100 metres. Therefore, when around a Fleer they you should be quiet or you might scare them away. When a child, their ears flop downwards, and so their hearing, although better than an average human’s, still isn’t as good as an adult Fleer’s. So, because they rely on their ears the most, child Fleers must be very greatly cared for, as they are vulnerable to attack.

Sorry if it's a bit long and if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes :/

Shortened Version of "About Fleer creature":
A Fleer is a majestic creature that resembles a large fawn because of it’s adorable big ears and the little orange spots on it’s back. It’s fur is a warm brown color, and is soft and velvety. A Fleer will never eat a flower, as to them, flowers are gold. Instead, they eat grass, nuts and fruits and drink honey. A pretty sunflower imprint lies on a Fleer’s rump’s side. This dictates it’s mood. When cheerful or excited, the flower will be a fresh bright yellow. When sad or frightened, the flower will wilt.
A very significant feature, or rather a disability the Fleer has, is that it is blind, all the way from birth to adulthood. But, although blind, a Fleer can amazingly still frolic around meadows gracefully, defend oneself and find food, honey and shelter using it’s other strengthened senses, such as their hearing. Their large ears allow them to hear everything within far distances. Therefore, because their hearing is so greatly intensified, being loud would scare them away. A child Fleer’s ears flop downwards, and so their hearing, although better than an average human’s, still isn’t as good as an adult Fleer’s. This makes them vulnerable to attack so they are cared for by their mother until they themselves are adults.

Sorry if it's similar to anything! It's merely based off of a deer and flowers XD
Thanks for looking!

#creaturesuggestion
Please ping your friends! 😃

Some pings: (sorry)
@degong
@prairie
@thedarkarcher

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 13 February 2018 at 4:54 AM

@littleblush thanks for the ping!

aww its super sweet. you have an amazing art style im a little jealous haha. first of all i love the position of the first stage it looks really cool. secondly I actually adore the use of nature and flowers as youve used this in a very effective way! (probably because of what i study is why i love it haha). You have my full support of this and i wish you the very best of luck in getting this made.

325 posts

littleblush • 13 February 2018 at 5:10 AM

@thedarkarcher Thank you! Er do you study...plants? Haha sorry if I'm wrong 😋

Pings (sorry):
@takabakun
@wonglikiu821

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 13 February 2018 at 5:14 AM

@littleblush haha yeah level 3 horticulture.

ping
@raindrops

Female
258 posts

boop • 13 February 2018 at 5:31 AM

@littleblush
No need to be sorry.
I'm glad you actually pinged me!
I love the idea of the deer and the mood-dictating sunflower imprint thingy.
Good luck!

325 posts

littleblush • 13 February 2018 at 5:32 AM

@wonglikiu thanks!

Pings:
@asbe
@spiritkeeper5
@cala
@rainbownya
@gryffindor16
Sorry guys ❤️

Female
371 posts

rainbownya • 13 February 2018 at 5:35 AM

@littleblush super cute! ❤️ hope it gets made 😊

Female
85 posts

kissed • 13 February 2018 at 6:45 AM

@littleblush
Ahem, well thanks for pinging me -_-
Well anyways, it’s so cute!

325 posts

littleblush • 13 February 2018 at 7:05 AM

@rainbownya thnx
@kissed lol thnx and sorry I forget sometimes XD Feel free to "accidentally not ping me" the next time you make a creature suggestion haha *wink wink*

Pings: (sorry ^^)
@purgatory
@ethereality
@wigglytuff

Female
538 posts

cala • 13 February 2018 at 7:38 AM

@littleblush

Oh it's super pretty, cute lol
I want one 😊

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 13 February 2018 at 7:38 AM

@thedarkarcher Ty for the ping! I love pings!! 😊

@littleblush I LOVE the Fleer!! I must have one! Hopefully this will be created. 😊 ❤️ 😊 I love deer & flowers & to put these 2 together in nature--how unique is that! 😊 Very nice job dear!! 😊

ping @poptarts

325 posts

littleblush • 13 February 2018 at 8:20 AM

@cala @raindrops thanks ^^ Glad you like it!

Pings: (sorry)❤️
@warghost141
@heaven
@totallynotjoey
@isathebelle

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 13 February 2018 at 8:41 AM

@littleblush

I love this so much. 😱 ❤️
I think it fits the theme of Easter/. Spring better than March,as it has flowers instead of clovers.
Also March events & pets have already been decided. (Suggestions should be made ~ 2 months in advance so if it gets picked, the artist has time to draw it) But I would not at all be surprised if we saw it in Spring!! 😃

325 posts

littleblush • 13 February 2018 at 8:51 AM

@prairie Oh! I did not know that 😊 Well maybe next time 😋 Thanks ^^

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 13 February 2018 at 8:57 AM

@littleblush,
Yeah! 😃

If you did want to try for Spring theme for April, Easter, or May, the staff is still looking at suggestions there I think. 😊
They had a blog post awhile back that said March events were decided and that they were looking at spring stuff.
You can change topic title's March into spring if you'd like to try for it, or I'm pretty sure staff looks at all suggestions (must be a fun job. *<*)

Female
140 posts

gryffindor16 • 13 February 2018 at 9:01 AM

@littleblush
Yay! You posted it! 😊
Hope it get's made!

325 posts

littleblush • 13 February 2018 at 9:16 AM

@gryffindor16 thnx ^^

Pings (sorry):
@asteria
@foxbit
@senpai

Female
285 posts

asteria • 13 February 2018 at 9:31 AM

@littleblush Don't be sorry, this creature looks really cute and has a really creative description. I like the style of the drawing 😊 Would be great if it got made

185 posts

heaven • 13 February 2018 at 9:35 AM

@littleblush
That looks so good!!! Can't believe that you drew such an amazing piece! Can't wait to see it made.
+Thanks for the ping!!

325 posts

littleblush • 13 February 2018 at 9:39 AM

@asteria @heaven Thank you!!

Pings ^^
@tikimaki
@jlya

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 13 February 2018 at 10:21 AM

@littleblush I love it! Personally I think it should be for April or may. Plus, the team said the already chose their march crearures and it's a teeny but too late. But not to late for next year I guess xD

But overall it's really neat 😊

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 13 February 2018 at 12:56 PM

Lovely! Love the colors and the flowered vines.

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 13 February 2018 at 1:41 PM

I love it. But why only 2 stages?

325 posts

littleblush • 14 February 2018 at 3:20 AM

@wigglytuff @foxbit thanks!!
@asbe idk random choice? hehe

Pings: ^^ sorry
@minnie298a
@cokealoka
@honeybearbee
@sylviana
@teddybearlover
@veritaspunk
@megadash
@dragonelle
@idol

Female
425 posts

sylviana • 14 February 2018 at 3:28 AM

@littleblush

I love the description and pet design (adore natural animals/nature themes)! I hope your idea gets chosen to be released later. 😃

Sidenote: If other Chrome users had trouble viewing the link like I did at first, try Firefox or another browser!

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 14 February 2018 at 3:33 AM

@littleblush Wow! I'd love that creature to be part of Eggcave's extensive creature collection!!! 😃

325 posts

littleblush • 14 February 2018 at 3:46 AM

@sylviana Thank for both your praise and advice!
@totallynotjoey Thank you! Glad you like it ^^

pings (sorry!):
@tehuti88
@leafmelody
@rainbowsprinklesforever
@inkpelt

Female
798 posts

honeybearbee • 14 February 2018 at 4:33 AM

@littleblush that's super cute!

11 posts

rainbowsprinklesforever • 14 February 2018 at 4:36 AM

No need to apologise. @littleblush, I think this creature is really majestic and magical looking. 😊 I hope it gets made!

325 posts

littleblush • 14 February 2018 at 4:42 AM

@honeybearbee @rainbowsprinklesforever Thanks!!