I need some suggestions on Sleepovers

in Help & Questions

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 3 February 2018 at 10:38 AM

I just had a sleepover last night, I don't know a thing about doing that sadly.
I would like some suggestions as what to do at a sleepover in the winter.
If you know any, please tell me. I don't want anymore boring sleepovers.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 3 February 2018 at 11:02 AM

@wolfkit never had a sleepover before but im sure just ordering a takeaway and playing a movie always works. just having fun is the most important and spending time with your friends as you normally would do!

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 3 February 2018 at 11:03 AM

@thedarkarcher Thanks!

1,853 posts

purgatory • 3 February 2018 at 2:30 PM

@wolfkit

Never been to a sleepover before since I'm a lonely bean, but I'd suggest planning something big and fun for everyone to do. Baking and karaoke are some fun things. Don't just stick to one activity, try mixing things up a bit! That reminds me, try thinking of your own original activities to do. If your friends like a particular book, try making that event based around the book!

Have fun 😊

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 8 February 2018 at 7:22 PM

@wolfkit I always enjoyed doing crafts and baking at sleepovers. Good luck 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 8 February 2018 at 7:57 PM

@wolfkit

I've never had a sleepover without some kind of games. Video games, board games, card games etc.

Food is important too, lots of junk food (popcorn, pizza, chips). Movies are fun as well!

Female
8 posts

mccarthy222 • 2 June 2018 at 8:00 PM

Hmmm I've never had a sleepover before but I have a few ideas. If you want a more spicy or teenager-like sleepover, perhaps truth or dare is a good idea. Order some pizza and noodles then play some truth or dare, maybe even have everyone blend three different food or drinks of their choosing together without anyone else knowing whats inside. then they give the blended creation to whoever they were assigned to and that person has to drink the whole thing while also guessing the three items. Or if you want a more calm kind of fun, maybe get a lot of junk food along with tons of pillows and blankets on the floor and watch some cheesy horror movies. Just a few suggestions, hopefully I helped, have fun!!

1,627 posts

icecloud101 • 3 June 2018 at 8:04 AM

@wolfkit
Of course! I'd love to give you some tips...
1) ask some friends; if they have had a sleepover before, then great!
2) do a thing where you guys all like it and will all join in; its no fun to be left out
-make crafts
-watch movies
-play card/board games
-[if you have them] play video games
3) make sure you at least get some sleep; my friends couldn't sleep, and I couldn't sleep...only hours...uggghhh in the morning, so try to get some sleep
4) If you still had time before the sleepover, you can find great books on sleepover ideas
That's it for now
Thanks ❤️

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 5 June 2018 at 3:46 PM

Thank you to all of the great suggestions! 😊

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 5 June 2018 at 4:24 PM

@wolfkit

My friend always had sleepovers what did we do together. It's great to watch any movies that the group are interested in watching, should be easy if it's all girls there's lots of teen/girl movies out there. There's also anime if any of them are into that.

Game Console - If you have one, share it with all your friends and play lots of video games together. Multiplayer games are helpful with this, but you know even an old game console is fine cause the games are much cheaper and easier to find.

Board Games - Monopoly is fun, Yahtzee, chutes and ladders, all board games can be quite fun to play even with adults. Monopoly can be played with both adults and kids it's prob the most played game. Yahtzee is another good one cause it's using dice and you keep track of your scores until someone gets a yahtzee. You can buy board games from any store that has a good toy section, or directly from a toy store near you.

Card Games - Playing cards can be tons of fun as well any card game is just better with several players. Memory, Gin, Poker, Old Maid, Crazy Eight. Old Maid can be played with an Old Maid deck, or regular cards just make the Joker be the Old Maid. Crazy Eight can be played like the game Uno, you use the number 8 to change into any color, or suit that you have in your deck. You only have four 8s so keep reshuffling your deck well so that the 8s can be spread thru players and everyone should get their chance to do an Uno. Or you can just buy a regular Uno card deck which is easy to play you just match the colors, or numbers together to keep the cards being played fluently.

Simon Says - A crazy light and sound game played on some electronic toy, to play you match the colors and the sounds together. If you make a mistake the next person gets to play. This can be lots of fun as some ppl have bad memory skills. LOL

Chit Chat you can sit anywhere and just talk about anything in general, school, work, etc, and talk about ppl you know. You can make a survey to ask a bunch of questions and they all fill out the answers with who's the best teacher, who's the favorite one, who's the nicest. etc. I used to fill out this survey they would write the questions down in a composition book and they called that the "Slam Book" pass it around and fill it up. The fun part is reading all the different answers when everyone is done with it. You can be the team leader and read everyone's answers out loud to the group. This should create lots of fun and joy as everyone has different opinions. Now it doesn't have to be a composition book, it can be a spiral notebook, but it does have to have lots of pages for lots of answers so make sure it's a new notebook. PM me to ask for the questions to the notebook. All answers are anonymous they never add their names, so nobody knows who said it.

Ghost Stories - This one can be truly fun, made up, or real ones can scare them to sleep LOL You can also get the ghost story books from a libary, or bookstore.

Cooking/Baking - Anything this group activity will be lots of fun you can see who can cook, and who needs help and improvement. But it should mostly be fun if anything. If you don't have any recipes you can look for them online, or borrow some cookbooks from your library, or you can also buy some from the bookstore that interest you. Easy ones to make choco chip cookies, or cupcakes. As for cooking me and my friends would make french bread pizza just buy the french bread, pizza sauce, mozarella cheese, pepperoni, and whatever toppings you might like. It's also easy to make. It's winter time so you can make hot cocoa together and also buy some marshmellows for any who like to drink this with theirs. I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches with my cocoa and when you dip it in the cocoa it's sooo good. They always say that chocolate and peanut butter make a good match in deserts. I agree with that totally.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 8 February 2019 at 10:11 PM

@wolfkit
I have a sleepover EVERY birthday (since age 9, so yup, pretty lucky... 😸) and my mom loooooovvvess planing them! Last time, this is what we did:
She filled up a whole bunch of balloons with scraps of papers with dares (eat a spoonfull of mustard, crabwalk across the floor and sing happy birthday, clench an icecube in your hand till it melts, hold ten crackers in your mouth then try to whistle, stuff like that. Really weird, crazy stuff (the mustard tasted terrible, BTW 😃)
Then, she played music and we passed ONE balloon with a scrap of paper in it around and around, from person to person. When the music stopped, the person holding the balloon had to pop the balloon and do whatever dare was on the scrap of paper. It was sooooooo funny!
After playing that game, we all MADE our own pizza (because my dad can make bread dough AND Pizza dough, so yeah) with whatever we wanted on it! (While it baked, we then made cupcakes.) After eating our pizzas (and decorating and eating cupcakes) we then went outside are ran around our house, over and over again, even though it was about 11:00 our time.
Finally, at about 11:30 we got our PJs on, and slipped in a movie. My mom and dad made popcorn with juice, and we had some pretty good eating! So, when the movie ended, at about 1:00 AM, we turned off the lights and went outside. We looked at the stars (it was a super clear night) and spent a good while out there, finishing off the popcorn. Finally, we went to bed (but we whispered and giggled quite a while 😉).
I hope this helps!!!

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 February 2019 at 12:05 AM

@qerrats
Do not bump older inactive topics. This is considered spam and not allowed. Please check the date of the last posts to make sure you're not bringing back a dead topic.

Due to the reason above this topic is now closed.