The Egg Cave App

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 February 2018 at 12:45 AM

I'm sure this kind of suggestion has been made before, but as you can tell from the title there should be an app! This will:
-Allow more players to join
-Might be easier to use on phone
-Possibly more features:
*A specially designed keyboard to type stuff with decorations and the Egg Cave font, also can have additional emoticons
*As I suggested before it would have the same exact drop down feature as the computer for Shopping, Explore, etc.
-Might encourage players to be able to play on tablets/phones more when they're not at home

If you have any ideas just ping me ^^

325 posts

littleblush • 1 February 2018 at 1:31 AM

@wigglytuff I love this idea! I do play on my phone most of the time though so...well yeah XD

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 February 2018 at 10:09 AM

@littleblush same xD thanks!

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 6 February 2018 at 3:34 PM

@wigglytuff
I love this idea but it scares me. I don't want Egg Cave to one day only be a mobile application, or get so tied up in a mobile application that the only thing people know of Egg Cave is that. This is happening to a lot of Websites and a lot of them are becoming solely app based now.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 February 2018 at 7:43 PM

@fakeworld yeah, that would be weird. Then people who don't have phones and tablets can't play xD

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 6 February 2018 at 9:36 PM

@wigglytuff
Still a good idea though. It's 2018 for sake lol, nothing would be wrong with this. That was just a scary thought.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 February 2018 at 10:13 AM

@fakeworld same. TABLETS WILL DOMINATE EGG CAVEEEE 😈

Female
12 posts

vivabean • 7 February 2018 at 11:36 AM

@wigglytuff this is such a great idea. That was one of the first things I looked for when I signed up. Hopefully one of these days!

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 7 February 2018 at 11:44 AM

@wigglytuff I actually was thinking the same thing a few days ago when I was using my phone to check on my eggs XD An app may help make it a little easier for phone use. I would definitely be in support of this haha

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 February 2018 at 5:15 PM

@icedmagma thanks!πŸ˜‹@vivabean thanks too 😸

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 7 February 2018 at 5:47 PM

@wigglytuff

That would be a very nice idea, not scrolling that much on my phone πŸ˜ƒ that’s why I always play on my iPad, like I am right now. As much as a like it, though, i don’t like it because of what @fakeworld said.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 February 2018 at 6:09 PM

@iris1929578 thanks πŸ˜‹

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 7 February 2018 at 6:21 PM

@wigglytuff I definitely support this, but I'm not sure how feasible this is in terms of how small the development team is (basically just Ian) and how much work it takes to make an app.

But of course, ECT could always open applications for more staff team members as coders!

I think Eggcave would benefit alot from it, and it wouldn't necessarily become dominated with phone users, but rather just keep Eggcave relevant among a shifting society. And in response to @fakeworld alot of apps are solely on the app, but other companies still are predominantly on the web that have turned to apps, but apps have just boosted their popularity.

Also (*cough cough*) if said app were to be created and there were in-app purchases for CC, i could actually use my hundreds of itunes dollars i get for holidays haha

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 7 February 2018 at 6:32 PM

@fakeworld @iris1929578

My experience is it takes forever to feed and navigate on mobile ... I'm part of the generation that grew up using floppy disks in computer lab & getting accustomed to "computers and the world wide web " in the Windows 95 era ...

::steps on soapbox::
one thing that mystifies me about "progress" is it always has to lay waste to what was ... why can't there be a harmonious co-existence .. :/ I thought variety was the spice of life ... but it seems only one mainstream form dominates at any one time before the masses

::steps off soapbox::

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 February 2018 at 6:54 PM

@ethereality lol :b thanks!

@veritaspunk maybe the app could make feeding easier. Like a list of their creatures then a feed button next to each one xD idk

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 7 February 2018 at 7:01 PM

@wigglytuff I cling to a shred of optimism that desktop platforms will still be supported while moving onward with the mobile future ... I just don't like to play games on my phone and tablet. I'd be more likely to play trivia based games like "Trivia Crack": or multiple choice casual games like "Quiplash".

1,627 posts

icecloud101 • 27 February 2018 at 4:00 PM

good idea

264 posts

snowwall • 31 August 2018 at 12:51 AM

I don't play on a phone, so, as long as it doesn't become exclusive to phones, I don't care... But on the rare occasion I did need to get on using a phone, I found that I couldn't find the forums at all o_O App or no app, I'd like the site to be accessible from any device.

Deleted • 31 August 2018 at 3:18 AM

I'm the same with snowwall, I normally use the computer to feed and stuff as using a mobile feels so sloww to me.