Pet Project

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 31 January 2018 at 5:45 AM

If you are participating in this contest, please read the rules thoroughly and subscribe/follow this topic. If there is something that you don't understand, please, PM me or ping me here.

Hi all! I'm dormammu, and I've come to bargain! How the tables have turned... Anyway, on to the shenanigans!

Over the years, I've come to notice that many, many, many animal lovers dwell within the depths of EggCave. We all have pets that are near and dear to our hearts, and no matter how they came to us, at some point, they became synonymous with home, and I'm fairly certain that many of us wouldn't trade that for the world. That being said, the rules of this contest are very simple.

Conduct

× All EggCave Terms of Service, Site Guidelines, Forum Rules and Contest & Giveaway Rules apply here.
× Please, only make posts that are relevant to this topic. If you'd like to speak to someone directly, post on their wall or send them a PM. This prevents this thread from being deemed as spam.
× Any problems that develop between users are to be discussed amongst said users (via PM, preferably). If it becomes a serious problem, please seek out help and guidance from the Moderators.
× Above all, have fun! We're here for cute pets and super prizes!

Entry & Posting

×Only 200 entries will be accepted each month, until stated otherwise. Once we reach 200, entries will close, and selection will begin. In the future, I hope to have more entry spots, however, this is my limit for right now.
× Neither EC, CC, travels/items/creatures, nor multiple posts will enhance your chance of winning.
× Anyone is free to enter this contest. In order to enter, you simply have to post a picture of your pet.
× ONE entry consists of ONE picture! No more than ONE entry is allowed per user, and side accounts are not permitted!
× You can enter once every month! However, once you have won (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or PotM), you cannot win for the next three months. I understand that this may seem a bit excessive, but as this is a monthly contest that will produce four winners each time, I must create all opportunities for others to win that I possibly can.
× While the contest is active/open, I would prefer that only pictures/entries are posted. It will make it easier for me to sort through!
× Pets that are allowed: ALL OF THEM. I work at a vet that treats all manner of critters 😊 I don't discriminate. But it must be your pet or a family member's that is depicted.
× When posting pictures, please crop or blur human faces/figures from the photograph! I'm sure everyone would prefer that as much obscurity remain as possible!
× Please, use Imgur to upload your pictures. It is a free online image sharing and hosting site that does not require you to sign up in order to access its services. You visit Imgur at your own risk! I've been using it for years now, and while I've never picked up a virus from it, I am not responsible for your decision to use it. Once you've uploaded the image, right click it, and select "Open Image in New Tab" from the drop down menu. Copy the URL provided in the new tab, and paste it here! This will prevent pictures from stretching the EggCave board. Other hosting platforms that are allowed: Flickr, Dropbox, and DeviantArt. I know that many of you may use Photobucket, however, PB has many ads that may cause other users' systems to run slow, so please, avoid it if at all possible.

The Pet

× The picture should be as clear as possible. Please, make sure to clean your camera before capturing your pet. I understand that some pets (dogs, mostly) are hard-pressed to actually sit still, but please, try to avoid blurry pictures.
× Collars, leashes, and harnesses are fine! However, if your beloved has a tag, make sure the address/phone number(s) are hidden before you post the picture. It is a slip up that can be very easily made, so please double check!

Contest

× This is a monthly contest, meaning that it will only be open once per month.
× From 12AM on the 1st until 11:59PM on the 15th of the month, entries will be accepted, however, due to the limited entries, it is liable to close earlier than that. Selection is from the 16th until the 22nd. Winners will be notified on the 26th. Any entries that exceed the permitted 200 will rollover to the next month. To prevent confusion, when you post, please indicate what number entry you are! Example: The first user to create an entry should attach their photo and in the post itself add "#1". The next user should add "#2", and so on. Hopefully, this will help everyone keep track of what number they are so that no one submits after entry #200.
× Also, please note that, whether or not 200 entries have been submitted, once we reach 11:59PM on the 15th of the month, the contest is closed, and selection will begin. The number 200 is simply a capping point at which my limits to handle this contest as efficiently as possible will be reached.
× The next post will provide the following information: current contest stage, winners of previous contests, and any updates pertaining to the contest. I will post when the stage changes and any time I need you guys to notice an update, however, once you've taken the initiative to enter, it becomes your responsibility to check the status of the Pet Project.
× Selection will be executed via the Random Thing Picker. It's an online, secure website that randomly selects an option from any list provided. https://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone.html.

Prizes

× Prizes will be the same every month. They will never change!
× First place receives: 500CC
× Second place receives: 300CC
× Third place receives: 150CC
× Pet of the Month receives: 50CC
× Winners will be notified via PM on the predetermined date; never before that time.

Female
2 posts

ivecome_tobargain • 31 January 2018 at 5:51 AM

THIS CONTEST IS: CLOSED

CURRENT STAGE:THIS CONTEST WILL REOPEN 03/01/2018!

UPDATES:
Congratulations to the February winners! See you all next month!

✿CONGRATULATIONS!:✿
February: @rowyn | @asteria | @anabanana | @heaven

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 31 January 2018 at 9:22 AM

✿PET OF THE MONTH:✿

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 31 January 2018 at 10:24 AM

@dormammu I would love to join. I had pet birds but they died so now I only have fish ;-; but I could try that xD if the contest is still open that I'd.

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 31 January 2018 at 10:50 AM

@wigglytuff The contest opens on the first of every month! 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 31 January 2018 at 1:21 PM

@dormammu okay 😊 could you add me on the first (tomorrow)?😸

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 31 January 2018 at 1:26 PM

@wigglytuff In order to get added, you have to submit a picture of a pet each month! So no one will be added until they submit a picture 😊 That's the requirement for entry.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 31 January 2018 at 1:27 PM

@dormammu oh ya whoops xD I'll make sure to do that as well. How do you judge the pictures anyways? Probably missed this in the first post.

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 31 January 2018 at 1:38 PM

@wigglytuff I enter a list into a system that randomly selects a name. I recommend rereading the first post if you feel that you've missed anything else 😊

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 31 January 2018 at 4:19 PM

@dormammu

Is it alright if its my grandfather's pet?

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 31 January 2018 at 5:19 PM

@cloudslay3r That's fine 😊

Female
219 posts

mythlight • 31 January 2018 at 6:01 PM

@dormammu
How about my pet sister? Does that count?
Haha kidding. I'll ping someone that has a pet instead:
@draco_malfoy

14 posts

draco_malfoy • 31 January 2018 at 6:07 PM

@dormammu The contest opens tomorrow, right? Just clearing that up?

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 31 January 2018 at 6:25 PM

@mythlight Lolol xD

@draco_malfoy -- yes, the contest opens anew on the first of every month. It closes on the 15th. Judging runs from the 16th to the 22nd. Winners will be notified on the 26th. Then the cycle repeats in the following month.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 31 January 2018 at 6:36 PM

@dormammu ah. So the pet doesn't matter?*grabs an ant from outside and sticks it in jar*

Jk xD

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 31 January 2018 at 6:45 PM

@dormammu

Can we enter different pets each month? Is it okay to have multiple pets in one picture?

Love this idea!

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 31 January 2018 at 6:53 PM

@wigglytuff LOL xD!

@raccoon Yes! You can totally enter different pets each month! I would recommend trying for 1 pet per picture just because it will definitely add some variety to your entries, but you can do whatever you feel is best. The only thing you need to remember is that you can only enter ONE picture every month. No more than ONE entry is allowed per user, and no side accounts are permitted!

Female
2 posts

ivecome_tobargain • 1 February 2018 at 12:02 AM

THE PET PROJECT IS NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES.
12AM 02.01.2018 UNTIL 11:59PM 02.15.2018

Remember to post according to the rules and to PM me @dormammu if you have any questions!

185 posts

heaven • 1 February 2018 at 8:19 AM

@dormammu, I would love to join your giveaway and attached below is the link to my image. Thanks!

Link: https://i.imgur.com/ZoOekzw.jpg

Female
285 posts

asteria • 2 February 2018 at 8:04 AM

@dormammu Joining, thank you for creating this contest 😊 https://i.imgur.com/2elaGoB.jpg #2

Female
472 posts

flakes • 2 February 2018 at 8:16 AM

@dormammu interested in joining ^^ #3 https://i.imgur.com/E2DgAap.jpg
Cheers~

1,029 posts

rowyn • 2 February 2018 at 11:39 AM

@dormammu I suppose I'll give this a shot ^^ Seems like a wonderful idea to me~ Gonna start out with my velcro bab, Charlie Brown: https://i.imgur.com/g5QMwfz.jpg He should be #4 😊

Female
172 posts

anabanana • 2 February 2018 at 2:09 PM

@dormammu

Would like to join 😊
My Lola: https://ibb.co/hM3pER 😋 #5

Female
285 posts

asteria • 27 February 2018 at 4:44 AM

@dormammu What about the pet project?

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 27 February 2018 at 2:34 PM

Hey, everyone! There were only five entries this month -- however, I still selected winners for each category.

First place: @rowyn
Second place: @asteria
Third place: @anabanana
Pet of the Month: @heaven

Because we only had five entries, it is no strain at all to give @kdxu 50CC for participation.

Everyone tagged in this post, you have until March 3, 2018 to claim your prizes!

1,029 posts

rowyn • 27 February 2018 at 3:00 PM

@dormammu Whoa, i didn't expect to win O-o thank you so much! 😸 ❤️ and congrats to everyone else ^^ this was a wonderful thing for you to do and i hope you keep on when can 😊

Female
285 posts

asteria • 27 February 2018 at 3:08 PM

@dormammu Thanks a lot 😃 Do I have to claim my prize march 3 or until march 3?

Female
172 posts

anabanana • 27 February 2018 at 3:30 PM

@dormammu Wow great! 😃 Thanks a lot, and congrats to all winners! 😸

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 27 February 2018 at 3:58 PM

@rowyn 😊 No problem! Congrats!

@asteria You can claim your prize at any point before March 3rd OR on March 3rd!

@anabanana Congrats to you, too!

Since you've all responded to this thread, though, I'll go ahead and send your prizes to your accounts!

@heaven & @kdxu You both still have until March 3, 2018 to claim your prizes!

185 posts

heaven • 27 February 2018 at 8:19 PM

@dormammu: That is such good news! Where can I collect the prize?