Maybe There Should Be A Lock?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do U Agree/Disagree/Don't Care

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 21 January 2018 at 11:29 AM

There are "locks" for creatures in trade or auction center.

Maybe there should be a lock for creatures or do not feed tab lists that users don't want to evolve?

Just a thought?

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 26 February 2018 at 4:28 PM

@raindrops at the very least, something should be done so that you can enter a tab and when you click the next button have it be the next creature in the tab rather than the next numerical creature in the cove. A lot of new users (myself included when I started) don't know that you need to click each creature individually in a feed list to avoid feeding outside of the list.

It would be great if there was just an overall "Feed lock" to make it so someone didn't even have the option to feed a creature though, I feel like that would be a big help to those who are saving up for freezes.

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 26 February 2018 at 4:40 PM

@icedmagma Ty for ur thoughts on list subject. I agree that this "feed lock" would be beneficial to alot of cave users! 😊

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 26 February 2018 at 8:03 PM

@raindrops

YES!!! It’s very annoying when you have to go back and click on the other one.

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 26 February 2018 at 8:47 PM

@iris1929578 You may already know this, but there is a faster way rather than hitting the back button after clicking each creature. You still have to click them individually, but you don't have to go back every time. Hold "Ctrl" while clicking the creature, and it will pull it up in another tab while still allowing you to click in the current tab. It took me absolutely forever to figure that out, which is why I do think it would be so helpful just making it so once you click a tab you stay in that tab.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 26 February 2018 at 9:04 PM

@icedmagma

I know it, but most of the time I’m on my iPad, so I guess I can’t really do Ctrl Click.

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 26 February 2018 at 9:08 PM

@iris1929578 Darn, that's rough. I had never even thought about how tough it must be for mobile users to feed inside someone's feed tab. Something like a feed tab lock would be really helpful for those in your situation particularly then, huh?

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 26 February 2018 at 9:13 PM

@icedmagma

Yep. Good thing is, my iPad is a good one, so internet’s fast. I usually feed big Coves on the computer.

Hoping this will become a real thing >_<

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 4 March 2018 at 5:32 PM

i agree

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 4 March 2018 at 5:50 PM

On the subject of a feeding lock - while I would LOVE for that to be a thing, as people constantly feed and click creatures I don't want to evolve, that's basically asking for a free Essence of Lidstnats, which would then make those pointless, and the site would no longer make money off of them. 😋
What I think should/could be done, is that the block feature should prevent a blocked user from seeing any of your creatures or anything on your profile, so you can block users who keep feeding specifically labeled DO NOT FEED creatures.

264 posts

snowwall • 31 August 2018 at 12:42 AM

There is another point here... If a user goes on a long hiatus with a feed lock on, there will be absolutely no way for other people to save his creatures.