**Spooktackular Storytime Giveaway!**

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
55 posts

mrcaudle • 27 October 2017 at 9:15 AM

The Cell Phone

A couple of months ago, my friend’s cousin (a single mother) bought a new cell phone. After a long day of work, she came home, placed her phone on the counter, and went watch to TV; her son came to her and asked if he could play with her new phone. She told him not to call anyone or mess with text messages, and he agreed.

At around 11:20, she was drowsy, so she decided to tuck her son in and go to bed. She walked to his room and saw that he wasn’t there. She then ran over to her room to find him sleeping on her bed with the phone in his hand.

Relieved, she picked her phone back up from his hand to inspect it. Browsing through it, she noticed only minor changes such as a new background, banner, etc., but then she opened up her saved pictures. She began deleting the pictures he had taken, until only one new picture remained.

When she first saw it, she was in disbelief. It was her son sleeping on her bed, but the picture was taken by someone else above him... and it showed the left half of an elderly woman’s face.

19 posts

neoglider4 • 29 October 2017 at 11:43 AM

Ooh, 47! This is a really cool group.

Female
371 posts

rainbownya • 30 October 2017 at 6:45 AM

@quetzalcoatl

Here's my entry 😃 :

There was once an old man in a small neighbourhood. No one knew his name, and everyone was too intimidated to ask him. No one had ever entered his house except for him, and he made sure that it would stay like that. Everyone was suspicious, but no one gave it much thought.

One fateful Halloween night, a group of children decided to enter the old man’s house when he was out running errands and had left the door ajar. They slowly opened the door. It seemed as though nothing was amiss, that the man was just too overprotective of his house. However, as they ventured further into the house, they felt a sudden chill. Unfazed, they kept on walking.

They finally entered a room. It was full of bones, both human and animal, and was lit with candles that burned with a feeble light. They turned to leave, but suddenly the candles were extinguished and the door shut behind them. They turned around to look at each other when---

Their screams were heard across the neighbourhood. Fearful that something had happened to them, their neighbours rushed into the house and searched for the children. They eventually found the room, but all the bones and candles had disappeared. All that was left was the children's clothes and a small puddle of blood.

To this day, the man has never returned and no one knows what happen to the children.

2 posts

dtibbsside • 31 October 2017 at 10:02 PM

Last remaining hours to particate!!!! Winners announced at midnight ❤❤ good luck y'alls and happy halloween!!!

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 31 October 2017 at 10:37 PM

@quetzalcoatl So, I kinda have a story.

Do you want to see a magic trick?

So, it was this morning, and I got my toast and put butter on it and I ate the toast and it was good so I got another piece of toast and buttered it and ate it and then I got ready for school and so when I got to school I practiced my trumpet (ps I’m a band nerd) and then I had to go to first period which was my ELA class and my teacher scolded me for writing this run on sentence. So, I went to second period (Jazz band) and I was better than everyone because we had a chair test and I got first chair. and then it was 3rd period (my science class) and we learned about plate tectonics. But the fire alarm went off. Now, normally these are practice drills but apparently some 6th grader put their metal fork in the microwave. So, we had to sit outside for 10 minutes until they “put out the fire”. But, some people had left their class group and began to play in the park near our school. They didn’t notice when the teachers called everyone inside. And so they goofed around out there. Now, they were all kids who didn’t care the most about school except one. She obviously cared about school, and was like a straight-a student. But, her boyfriend was one of the rebellious kids. And so when the group noticed that no one was outside, they were slightly worried. But, upon trying to decide what everyone wanted to do, they cliche-like agreed to go into the woods. And the girl didn’t want to go into the woods but peer pressure is a jerk, ain’t it? And so they messed around in the woods and (y’all aren’t gonna believe this) nothing happened and they all walked back home. And they proceeded to do this and the girl’s career goals began to decline and then they found themselves to be kids who just didn’t give a crap about school and lived on the spur of the moment. You don’t have time to react when you live on the spur of the moment. And one little slip up and their goals went poof. Now isn’t that horrifying?

Did you like my magic trick?

And the moral of the story is: Save someone years of depression by not putting a fork in the microwave.

Female
311 posts

quetzalcoatl • 1 November 2017 at 12:15 AM

**DRUMMROLL PLEASE!**

CONGRATS! To feed group member winner @panda9983 ! your lucky number {17} was chosen as the winner!!! your lot can be found here ❤️ : Trade #880232

CONGRATS! To first place winner @thedarkarcher in the Storytelling contest!!!!!! We loved it. Nothing is better than opening questions to engage the reader in your story. Congrats dear and enjoy your goodies! Lot is here: Trade #880231

CONGRATS! To second place storyteller winner @brad !!! Your story was very interseting and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Lot is here: Trade #880233

Thanks everyone who participated this was really fun and we enjoyed all entries! congrats to the winners!!! Thanks so much from @ufo and myself 😃

**PLEASE OFFER JUNK ITEM ON WINNING LOTS**

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 1 November 2017 at 2:34 AM

@quetzalcoatl @ufo omg omg thanks so much to the both of you I can't believe I actually won especially against so many amazing entries! Thanks to the both of you for hosting this!

Congratulations to the other winners 😃