✔️ [December]/[Christmas] Creature Suggestion - Sockey

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 25 September 2017 at 1:30 PM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

December is a favorite month for many kids. They love all the decorations on the Christmas trees and lawns. But the thing they look forwards to most is usually waking up on Christmas morning to see what presents they got from Santa.
One Christmas morning in ark, children are opening their gifts, and behold an egg! It is soft and plushy. What could this egg be?

Its a Sockey!:
The Sockey is best described as a living plush animal! In fact, when a Sockey first hatches, it isn't considered a true creature. This is because under the studies of the SARC, it has been found that hatched Sockeys do not hold any conscience at all. In fact, there is no sign of life in a hatched Sockey at all! For this reason, some choose to freeze a Sockey in it's hatched state as toys for children; thus being called a Sockey plush. The best part about Sockey plushies is that as the child gets older, they can unfreeze their Sockey to let it grow, and become a living companion!
In order for a Sockey to grow out of its 'Plush' state, it must be with its owner long enough to experience Christmas once or twice. It is said the Christmas Spirit gives life to Sockey's that have been a good companion to its owner. Once a Sockey grows out of the 'Plush' state, they can begin to make small movements, start to understand words, and gain living qualities such as breathing. Sockeys stay in their second stage longest, as it takes a while for their fabric bodies to adapt to moving and 'talking'.
When a Sockey finally reaches its final stage, they have full fiction of movement, communication, and bodily functions. A Sockey's 'speech' sound exactly like a generic squeaker found in many pet toys, and is quite amusing! Sockeys are still plush-like in their final stage, meaning they do not need food or water. Sockeys also do not bleed, as they are filled with stuffing. If your Sockey does have a tear in it or lost some stuffing, no need to worry! You can get it more stuffing and patch it up easily.

Sockey Eggs:
These eggs smell like clean socks fresh from the drier. These eggs hold no hardness to them at all! they are soft to the touch, and you can feel the stuffing underneath. Sockey eggs do not hatch as much as they unfold or mold into the new shape of its next stage. Sockey eggs are incredibly easy to take care of, and are great first pets for a beginning creature owner. This is because Sockey eggs cannot break, and they can be cleaned in the washing machine! Isn't that handy?

Picture:
http://fav.me/dboj3v7
If 1st link isn't working for you, here is a Imgur link 😊 https://imgur.com/ATraCze

Thanks for reading about the Sockey! 😃 I hope you enjoyed the creature concept and description! 😸 ❤️ These little sock monkeys were tons of fun to make, and I hope to see them on Eggcave eventually. 😊
Please leave some feedback on your thoughts and ping your friends! Constructive criticism is happily accepted and read! 😃
Happy Holidays! ❄️⛄️

Other Christmas Suggestions:

Starting Pings:
@jello
@purgatory
@disney
@dream-within-a-dream

Thanks for viewing! 😸
- @prairie and the Sockeys

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 25 September 2017 at 2:09 PM

@prairie oh my goodness, that's so adorable :'D I really like your drawing, you put so much heart in it 😸 and the description is so cute 😃 and I love the part with the fresh socks xD it's sweet to imagine it as fresh and fluffy socks (I don't know why xD) I hope it will come out as one of the Christmas creatures *thumbs up*

Female
62 posts

rosewolf09 • 25 September 2017 at 2:10 PM

@prairie

its adorable love the description!?!? ❤️

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 25 September 2017 at 2:16 PM

@sybil_howlett,
Thanks for checking it out! 😃
I'm happy you like it so much. x3 I was thinking about Christmas socks, which turned into the though "hey, I think its funny how I like the smell of fresh-out-of-the-dryer socks", and then though, hah, freshly cleaned sock monke---- IDEA FOR SUGGESTION!

@rosewolf09,
Thanks!! 😃 I'm so happy you like the description. x3

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 25 September 2017 at 2:19 PM

@prairie thank you for giving me the link 😊 you are an awesome artist 😊
fresh socks are awesome 😸 hahaha the best idea for making a sock creature 😸

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 25 September 2017 at 2:24 PM

@sybil_howlett
Haha! xD Thank you so much. 😸 ❤️

More pings: (sorry to disturb if you prefer not to be pinged)
@libra
@jazzyleia
@immortalraven

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 25 September 2017 at 2:28 PM

@prairie thank you as well 😸 and I looked at your other creatures as well, they are so wonderful :'D especially the otsiker 😸

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 September 2017 at 10:10 PM

@prairie EEE!!! LOVE IT!!!😃 if you have any creature suggestions, feel free to ping me! I love all of theM!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 25 September 2017 at 10:11 PM

@wigglytuff,
Happy you like it!!! 😃
And will do. 😸

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 25 September 2017 at 10:14 PM

@prairie

Lovely creature! Description as amazing as ever 😸

367 posts

kudo • 25 September 2017 at 10:17 PM

@prairie OMG IT'S SO KWAIIII
how are you so good at drawing??? ;-;
well, i expect to see this in the cc shop 😊
as for the stages, i like the alternate stage 2, and i just love the last stage ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 25 September 2017 at 10:27 PM

@prairie

;-; Your suggestions never fail to amaze me. 😸 It's so bloody cute. The alternate 2nd stage is my favorite out of all the stages. The face is much cuter than the other 2nd stage in my opinion. (I mostly like it's eyes in the 2nd alternative stage)

I love the description as well. 😸 Makes it seem all the cuter, specially with it making squeaky sounds. X3

I don't care for the alternative scarf color like the original one on the Socki(ey) The colors of the original scarf make it more toy like and compliment it's fur color.

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 25 September 2017 at 10:42 PM

@prairie

thank you for the ping. I think it's adorable and I love 3rd stage 😊 I hope it gets made, I want one (or two) lol Love the description too, fresh clean socks ❤️

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 25 September 2017 at 11:29 PM

@cloudslay3r
Thank you!! 😃
(If only my actuall essay writings were as good as my descriptions. ;3;)

@silvershadow
Haha! xD Thank you! 😃 I'm glad you like it! 😸
And just lots of practice doodling. 😋 Lots and lots of doodling. Then one day, I found the drawing style I call my own! 😃
And actually, have started to like the 2nd alternative too. XD The 1st try I did started to bug me with how similar it was to the 1st stage. 😋

@poptarts
Aww. 😃 Thank you so much!! x3 ❤️
The 2nd stage alternative has grown on me since I made it. xD
Haha!! All I wanted was a cute, friendly monkey going around making that dog toy squeaker noise whenever it opens its mouth. x'D
And yeah, I like the 1st try of the scarf more as well. 😊

@lunacharm1037
No problem! 😃 Thanks for checking it out! 😊
I'm glad you like it. x3 I'd also have to agree that the last is probably my favorite. 😸
(Fresh clean socks are the best. >;3c)

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 26 September 2017 at 12:15 AM

@prairie

WOW! 😃 it's super cute! 😃 it could be great to see it along side of my christmas froggy! 😃

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 26 September 2017 at 12:16 AM

@rashka
Thanks! 😸 ❤️
(I love your Christmas froggy BTW. x3 It makes me happy! 😃)

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 26 September 2017 at 12:18 AM

@prairie thanks! 😃

Female
690 posts

dappne6 • 26 September 2017 at 12:27 AM

@prairie so cute! Hope it gets made 😸

19 posts

ghostofdreams • 26 September 2017 at 12:38 AM

How adorable! 😱 I happen to be partial to sock monkeys, so I would really like to see this creature made. Fantastic description as well; I particularly like the part about the squeaker voice. 😊

Female
798 posts

honeybearbee • 26 September 2017 at 12:57 AM

@prairie omg that drawing is so cute *___*

Male
660 posts

brad • 26 September 2017 at 8:44 AM

@prairie you can really crank out some creature suggestions can't ya? Haha.
Looks great as always though!

Trans Male
28 posts

paige • 26 September 2017 at 8:46 AM

Love this so much ❤️333 I approve!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 26 September 2017 at 1:19 PM

@dappne6
Thanks! 😃

@ghostofdreams
Hehe, yeah. XD I was thinking of what animals we don't seem to have a ton of, monkeys were one. Then I thought, Sock monkeys? 😃 We need those. xD

@honeybearbee
Thank you so much! 😃

@brad
Yes.
I will continue doing so till I drop or lose ability to draw. xD
Thank you very much! 😸

@Paige. 😸
Thanks! 😃 Happy you like it! 😊

Female
491 posts

icedragon3000 • 26 September 2017 at 10:54 PM

@prairie It´s very cute. It would be great, if this would be a real creature. 😸

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 26 September 2017 at 10:54 PM

@icedragon3000,
Thanks! 😃
Happy you like it. 😊

309 posts

chihiro_sang • 26 September 2017 at 11:05 PM

I like the creature. It seems a perfect fit for a December creature and its description is great.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 26 September 2017 at 11:42 PM

@raindrops
Thank you so much!! 😃
Glad you like the creature & description! 😸
Thanks for spreading the word. 😊 ❤️

Female
538 posts

cala • 27 September 2017 at 2:53 AM

@prairie

Oh I hope this is going to be made, it's gorgeous ♥