*ahem* sorry. I screamed a lot today.

https://eggcave.com/trades/870218/show

Here is the lot!

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 8 August 2017 at 2:57 PM

@plisser9

Oh wow, crazy! Thanks so much!

https://eggcave.com/trades/870228/show (Still haven't figured out the trade links in V3, apologies ^^")

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 8 August 2017 at 4:01 PM

@hxhx2006 Sure thing, I'll send you yours as well in a moment. They're harmless enough, I think. I don't think I was harsh on anyone's entry.
@vos I guess my question was more was he was fine with it at first and then decided they were too unscrupulous to work for, or did they not seem so unscrupulous at first? Okay then, if you're sure.
@zx-metalmonster Lol the only thing to be surprised about is your writing skill. Like dang, goals.
@thedarkarcher Haha no problem.
@wolfkit I think I would die if I hosted another one of these anytime soon. At any rate, I'd probably make it smaller and enlist judges. You wouldn't know by looking, but writing analyses took around 3-4 hours... but it was fun overall.

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 8 August 2017 at 7:01 PM

@plisser9

Thank you, I've just been writing for a long time. I have things on the forums from when I was around 13, those can make a person cringe XD

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 8 August 2017 at 7:36 PM

@plisser9

Thanks so much~! 😃 I understand in some places that the story of kinda ishy ^^" Hope ya do this soon again!

Thanks again! Trade #870267

Female
137 posts

vos • 8 August 2017 at 7:37 PM

@plisser9
Dang! You're clever! It didn't occur to me what the tipping point might be. Hmm! What did those pirates do to make him turn against them? He turned a blind eye to all their misdeeds until ....

At first the pirates treated Cadeau with respect. Gradually, they began to mistreat him. A tread on the tail. Was it deliberate? Denying him the fish heads. Was it lack of mindfulness that saw the fish heads tossed back into the sea? The final indignity was a boot off the deck into hold while resting. Was it drunken clumsiness. Cadeau thought not.

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 8 August 2017 at 7:49 PM

Edit: Dang, posting while I was writing... sorry for double pings.

@iris1929578 If it's worth screaming about, then I don't mind.
@stagfire 😊
@zx-metalmonster My 17-year-old forum posts are cringe. I've been in the process of learning to write for a couple years but I haven't finished anything yet because all I want to write are huge projects.
@cloudslay3r No problem.
@vos Ooh I like it. Your writing has a nice voice.

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 8 August 2017 at 8:03 PM

@plisser9

It's the same for me when I'm writing for myself. RPs make it easier, since they progress one post at a time =) A good way to practice making short stories is writing flash fiction, essentially they are stories that wrap up their entire plot in a 1000 words or less (though not everyone agrees about the maximum word count).

Deleted • 8 August 2017 at 8:08 PM

https://eggcave.com/trades/870268/show

Thanks so much @plisser9 ❤️ The comments about my character entry also helps me grow which I appreciate greatly!! Again, thank you for the contest

Deleted • 8 August 2017 at 8:09 PM

@plisser9

Thanks for hosting this thing! Pretty good reward as I'm still a kid.
https://eggcave.com/trades/870269/show

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 8 August 2017 at 8:52 PM

@lightningpaws Yeah it's no problem.
@neko-sama From my perspective, the amount is small, I hope you can find a good use for it.
@zx-metalmonster That's smart. The main problem is I have too many things I want to do haha.

Female
452 posts

karakia • 8 August 2017 at 9:45 PM

@plisser9

Thanks so much for doing something like this (: It was pretty fun. I actually didn't see the ping till now because I've been quite busy. Should I set up a lot?

Btw I believe Harper tricks her "friends" into thinking she's sweet but ends up fooling them lol. I agree the backstory was pretty bland/average hah I kept rewriting it but it always ended up too long so I just stuck with a pretty typical back story. Though in the near future I'll probably change it and make it more interesting and such ^-^ (That is if I want to use her in a story.)

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 8 August 2017 at 10:23 PM

@karakia Sure thing, glad it was fun. Yeah, please set up a lot.

That makes sense. Hey, if that's the backstory you like, that's great. The part about her being cursed so she can't love is good imo, I hope you're not planning on changing that. I understand rewriting backstories lol it can take a long time to settle on a really good one.

Edit: In case anyone checks back, I'll place my remaining analyses.

@wigglytuff – Powerful characters always have a sort of appeal to them. Although, despite all the information about her, I don’t feel like I really know who Emily is and she’s a bit overpowered within her setting. The idea of being able to turn into a wolf is interesting, I would love to have that sort of power.

@jello – Lettuce!

@purgatory – Klara seems like she has a lot of potential. I think a reason behind her leaving to live by herself and a deeper personality would help me envision what kind of person she is. The world could always use more witches that eat instant noodles, and I like her dark design, it sounds slick.

@starpup5 – Aisha's fox spirit animal suits her well, and it fits with her being a spy. However, I do have a hard time really getting a full picture of her. Trickster archetypes usually tend to stay in the shadows and aren’t leaders but strategists or second-in-command, so I find it a little hard to believe she's able to fill both roles so well. Her personality could also use some sort of flaw. She's in no way a bad character, I just think a few tweaks could really make her shine. I do like the fox spirit idea and Aisha’s overall design.

Female
452 posts

karakia • 11 August 2017 at 8:21 PM

@plisser9

~ Trade #870685 I'm sorry for taking so long, I just started back at school and keep forgetting to get online :')

I don't think I'm gonna change that part just the other parts to make it more unique and more believable haha

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 12 August 2017 at 2:21 AM

@karakia It's fine 😊

Female
452 posts

karakia • 14 August 2017 at 6:46 PM

@plisser9

Thanks! ^-^