Riddle contest with prize! [closed]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
225 posts

izz • 28 May 2017 at 5:38 PM

Hello everyone!
This is going to work over a period of several days. Each day will begin at around 8 or 9am ECT and end at 12:00am ECT. I am sorry for the inconvenience to some of you, but that is the only way I will be able to work.

Each day I will issue a riddle or puzzle, and each day you will PM me with what you think the answer is. Any who have made it to the end will be entered in a raffle for an immortal and fully evolved Boarage. (I know it's not much, but this contest is mainly for fun anyway 😊) The contest will be closed at precisely 12:00am ECT on June 1.

How do you enter? Solve this super easy warm-up puzzle and PM me with the answer; after that, you are in!

Warm up puzzle:

⊥µөʁө ʍ!ꞁꞁ ɐꞁƨo pө ɐ pou∩ƨ ʁ!qqꞁө ɐʇ ʇµө өuq¡

Random pings:
@wolfkit
@dappne6
@saturna
@ewe
@iris1929578
@monsterprincess33
(please tell me if you do not wish to be pinged anymore)

Contestants (good job solving riddle 😃):
@ricefishie
@degong
@iris1929578
@wolfkit
@lykhaos117

First riddle time!

There are two men. One can only speak the truth, and one can speak only lies. You have no idea which is which. You have two buttons that you can push, and one will lead to riches, while the other will lead to destruction. You are allowed to ask the men one question, they both know which is the right button. What is the question that will lead you to the true switch?

Second riddle!
All who solved the first one have found a site address. The decoder word is the answer to this riddle, but the thing to decode you will have to do me a favor and find yourself:
What is lighter than a feather, but strong men cannot hold it for more than a minute?

REMEMBER: the answer to this riddle is not the answer, just the decoder word.

PM me, you are allowed multiple tries.

Third riddle! (almost done ☹️)

This one you will need to find and follow and solve. No hints. Ok, maybe just one...
Disregard all warnings. And don't bother to go through all my creatures.

Izz, over and out!

Btw, this was not my original riddle, hence the delay.

Final riddle(s):

Ok, this is going to be a little different. There will be no final answer, and no running around. I am simply going to give you several riddles, and you can try to solve any of them. If they all get solved, then I'll put some more on. Just have fun!

A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?

The one who makes it sells it.
The one who buys it doesn't use it.
The one who's using it doesn't know he's using it.
What is it ?

Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess named Anna. Anna's father, the King, wanted to be sure his daughter married an intelligent man. To test his daughter's suitors the King hid Anna's picture in one of three boxes. The suitor had to be able to select the box with Anna's picture on one try and within twenty seconds.

On the gold box was the message "Anna's picture is in this box".
The silver box had the message "Anna's picture is not in this box."
"Anna's picture is not in the gold box" was written on the bronze box.

The King would tell each suitor "Only one of the three messages is correct." Which box contained Anna's picture?

I herald the darkness which descends on all creatures;
You will know my approach by moans and wracked features.
I visit the hippo, hyena, and horse,
But never go near snails and spiders, of course.
I would circle the globe, leaping one to the other,
Should all the world's people ever clasp hands together.

What am I?

A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two doors. Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass. The blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters. Through the second door there is a fire-breathing dragon. How does the man escape?

Two fathers and their two sons go fishing together. They each catch one fish to take home with them. They do not lose any fish, and yet when they arrive at home they only have three fish. How can this be?

Which word does not belong in the following list: Stop cop mop chop prop shop or crop?

There were two men walking around on a deserted island with no food or water. One of the men got so hungry that he killed and ate the other man. No one discovered his secret and he never told anyone. Who is the murderer?

You walk into a room with a rabbit holding a carrot, a pig eating slop, and a chimp holding a banana.Which animal in the room is the smartest?

There is a boat with a ladder attached to it, the ladder is eight feet tall. If the water rises four feet how much of the ladder will be on top of the water?

A murderer (I know, again) is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 28 May 2017 at 5:49 PM

do the explanation marks mean anything?

Female
225 posts

izz • 28 May 2017 at 7:16 PM

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean ☹️

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 28 May 2017 at 7:16 PM

@izz

Ugh...

Female
225 posts

izz • 28 May 2017 at 7:17 PM

*cackles maniacally*
It IS solvable. Somebody already has 😊

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 28 May 2017 at 7:18 PM

how do you call this a easy puzzle?????

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 28 May 2017 at 7:18 PM

@wolfkit @izz

I tried and I can't really get it... THIS IS HARD YOU CANT CALL THIS AN EASY PUZZLE UGHHHHH

Ok @izz said I have to post when I finished it and (kind of) got it right, so ya I did

Female
225 posts

izz • 28 May 2017 at 7:19 PM

Because I got even harder ones for you later... 😈
It's actually simpler then you think
Trust your guts... And don't be afraid to write things down

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 28 May 2017 at 7:22 PM

all i got was a mix-match sentence if that is not the answer then all i got was a headache from twisting my head around!!!!!

Female
225 posts

izz • 28 May 2017 at 7:31 PM

If you are REALLY (and I mean REALLY) desperate to enter the contest and stumped, I will PM you a small hint.

I'm actually rather flattered by this puzzle's apparent power to frustrate.

A couple more pings (plz forgive me 😊):
@ pitch1226
@ padres545
@ togepi360

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 28 May 2017 at 9:16 PM

I finished it. @izz and, the pings didn't work. I'll do them for you.
@pitch1226
@padres545 hi friend, and yes, she is my real life friend.
@togepi360
@doyoueverwonder

Female
225 posts

izz • 28 May 2017 at 9:43 PM

Thanks @iris1929578 !

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 28 May 2017 at 10:53 PM

@izz NP!

Female
225 posts

izz • 28 May 2017 at 11:15 PM

Alright everybody it's 11:00 for me, and I'm going to bed. Any answers before twelve will be accepted in the morning.

EDIT:
First riddle is here!

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 29 May 2017 at 2:57 PM

@izz

Where?

Female
225 posts

izz • 29 May 2017 at 2:59 PM

Under the warm up one and the pings. @iris1929578

Female
835 posts

saturna • 29 May 2017 at 9:45 PM

@izz

whoops I already know the answer to this one ^^' Should I still answer?

Female
225 posts

izz • 29 May 2017 at 10:08 PM

@saturna
A couple people did already, I'll give it to you.

PM me please so as to not give the answer.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 30 May 2017 at 9:12 PM

@izz

Think I solved it, but wow, that was unexpected. 😱

Your riddles are so good that I think the site should consult you to help plan a plot.

Female
225 posts

izz • 31 May 2017 at 9:36 AM

@lykhaos117
Aww, shucks. I'm blushing. 😊

Everybody: There will be a small delay on today's riddle. Trust me, it will be worth it. Congratulations for all who passed the last one. If you haven't, you can keep trying, but try to finish it sometime today because this one will ONLY be done today.

@ricefishie
@degong
@iris1929578
@wolfkit
@lykhaos117

EDIT riddle is now ready

Deleted • 31 May 2017 at 2:48 PM

@izz
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SOLVE THIS?
(and everyone I know calls me the really smart person)

Female
225 posts

izz • 31 May 2017 at 2:51 PM

Which one? @togepi360

Deleted • 1 June 2017 at 7:01 AM

@izz
I think I know what it is..

Female
225 posts

izz • 1 June 2017 at 10:20 AM

Riddle is here!

@ricefishie
@degong
@iris1929578
@wolfkit
@lykhaos117

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 1 June 2017 at 10:26 AM

@izz

Yay~! 😃

Female
225 posts

izz • 1 June 2017 at 3:02 PM

More riddles here now, @lykhaos117

Hope you guys enjoy!

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 1 June 2017 at 3:15 PM

@izz am i still allowed to enter

Female
225 posts

izz • 1 June 2017 at 3:59 PM

Well, you can do the riddles for fun but it would be hard at this point for you to officially enter. I am thinking of doing another contest in the near future though. I'll ping you to that if it happens 😊

@jellifysh

Deleted • 1 June 2017 at 6:41 PM

@izz
All of them ☹️

Female
266 posts

starlight123 • 15 June 2017 at 11:40 PM

@izz I would ask "If someone had came before me and asked which button was the correct button to push, which button would you have pointed too?" (answer for the first riddle)