By reading my story, you might be able to get 100 cc! WINNER ANNOUNCED!

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 May 2017 at 2:38 PM

Hello! I will be giving out 100 cc! To do it, just answer the question that I will post after people join this by pinging me, and the question will correspond to the fiction EggCave story I will post. Since it will be pretty long, I'll seperate it into parts. Part one in the story of the series, called Adventures in Ark: Cotofly and Ave, this part is titled The Beginning and here it is:

The world of Ark, where creatures thrive along with humans, creating a new life. From lush forests to the deepest oceans, life was everywhere, and filled with surprises at every turn.
And here’s an adventure with these talking animals, starting out with this bunny-like creature, Cotofly, his name as of his species, in a warm house during a storm.

Cotofly found a dry spot under his owner’s backyard, under the roof of the house,which stretched a few feet out. He lay down on the doormat and listened to the rain, the storm had gotten worse and he couldn’t jump around under it or listen to each little drop of water that fell onto the ground and soaked it, making a dark spot in the white cement, for all he could hear now was one continuous sound.
Cotofly loved his owners, and they loved him back, although they had owned many more creatures that just himself, so many more that even though he was a favorite, they might even not notice he was gone.
He was the only one who liked to listen to the storm, the others had all gone inside. He got up and prodded around some more, and settled down again.
As he was just about to fall asleep, thunder struck, followed by a high-pitched scream. This worried Cotofly, but he thought to himself that he really shouldn’t think about it, it might be something dangerous happening, and he didn’t want to get himself into it.
After laying down again, the scream came again. Umm, should I go investigate? He thought, but he really didn’t want to, it was so nice and dry here, under the protection of the roof from the storm.
He finally fell asleep, no dreams disturbing it, but one thing was. The scream. Again.
So Cotofly just couldn’t help but be curious, about what had happened. So he went inside, got the little jacket that one of his owners had designed for him because he liked to listen to the rain, and pulled it on. As he went outside and closed the sliding door behind him, he heard a faint crying, and figured that it must’ve also belonged to the creature or whatever the screamer was.
He trotted across the hard ground and towards the hole between the two wooden planks in the old fence that separated the yard from the meadows, ready to face the dangers that might lay there.

And that's it for now... ping me if you're hungry for more!

Joined: @saturna @pitch1226 @valorie100 @degong @jellifysh @izz @icesparkle22 @snowbunnies @cloudslay3r @togepi360
I will do this for more stories in the series Cotofly and Ave, with giveaways soon!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 24 May 2017 at 3:08 PM

@wigglytuff

Could I join? ^^

I read what you put so far~ 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 May 2017 at 4:33 PM

Thanks, and sure! Sorry if I don't give out the cc, there might not be enough ppl, hoping to give out at least 50, and if your the only one who joins, ill still give a prize if you answer the question correctly @degong

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 24 May 2017 at 5:21 PM

@wigglytuff

Okay. ^^

Female
1,120 posts

valorieviolet • 24 May 2017 at 5:24 PM

@wigglytuff

I'd love to participate, too! I enjoy reading people's stories 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 May 2017 at 5:31 PM

@valorie100 sure!

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 24 May 2017 at 5:48 PM

@wigglytuff I'd like to join! 😃

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 May 2017 at 5:49 PM

@pitch1226 sure thing!

Female
862 posts

saturna • 24 May 2017 at 6:42 PM

@wigglytuff
May I join? I like your story ^^

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 May 2017 at 6:43 PM

@saturna sure thing!

Female
862 posts

saturna • 24 May 2017 at 6:47 PM

@wigglytuff
Thanks! Can't wait to read more! 😃

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 24 May 2017 at 7:14 PM

@wigglytuff can i join please, the storys good so dfasr

Female
225 posts

izz • 24 May 2017 at 7:17 PM

@wigglytuff
May I join?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 May 2017 at 9:37 PM

@jellifysh @izz sure! @saturna @pitch1226 @valorie100 @degong and the rest of you, If you guys want to hear the second part, ping me, I've got it ready for you already! And also, if you guys want me to change the 100 cc to a choice between an eartha or diminuaith because they're selling for 200cc, ping me with a yes or a no, one no is an automatic that I won't change it so don't worry if you don't want the prize to be changed!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 24 May 2017 at 11:43 PM

@wigglytuff me join

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 May 2017 at 11:48 PM

@icesparkle22 sure
EDIT: Here's the second part! I'm splitting Story 1, The Beginning, into two parts because its kinda long.

Cotofly hadn’t been to the meadow for such a long time. He looked over the little hill covered in grass, behind the vast meadows was a mountain range. There was the sobbing, coming from a bush. He assumed it was a creature hiding in it, he’s never encountered a crying bush before.
He peeked through the branches and leaves, dewdrops resting on them. There was a little brown bird, and Avem, he saw one at the park before. Yet, it was whimpering, and the moment it saw Cotofly, jumped up in surprise.
“Where you the one screaming?” he asked gently. It nodded, and began to explain. Her name was Ave, and that the first scream was because of the thunder, the second was because she thought she saw something move in the bush she used to take shelter in, and as soon as she looked around, she had pricked her wings on some of the branches, letting out the third scream, and the fourth was for the same thing.
So Cotofly ripped a sleeve off of his jacket and wrapped it around the wing with the most injuries. Ave was grateful about this, she thanked him.
“You’re welcome, but… it’s time for me to go home now,” Cotofly replied. He lifted his nose up in the air and sniffed, but the soaked grass was all he could pick up. He looked around. He knew how the his owner’s house looked like, he just needed to find it in all of these unfamiliar ones.
He perked up his ears, trying to see if he could hear his owners’ voices, but the pitter patter! of the rain made it impossible.
There were so many new fences of houses that Cotofly had never seen before, and he had to find a way to get back.
“Hey, Ave, I think I’m lost.”
The Avem turned around, and told him to see if he could retrace his steps, to find the path he’d taken. He took the advice, and thought about it, but the walk to find her was not straight; he had to listen his way to find her, and it occurred many times that the sound disappeared and Cotofly had to walk around to find it again, so he shook his head.
“What about footprints? Oh, look! There’s a trail! Let’s follow it!” Ave said, gesturing her beak to little marks in the grass. They looked smaller than Cotofly’s footprints, and looked around to see if another trail would fit his own better, but nothing showed up.
They went in the direction, and Cotofly was confused because houses were starting to disappear as mountains replaced them, and Ave saw his confused expression, and explained that her family lived in the mountains, and needed to return home, so Cotofly decided help her.
“Are you sure this is the right direction?” Cotofly asked, and Ave just replied simply with a shrug.
As they started to climb a mountain, Ave started to explain something.
“Umm, sorry about this, but, my family actually lives in a tree not in the mountains,” she said, her tone almost unsteady, and Cotofly tilted her head in interest. “I just came to the mountain to explore. You see, legends say that there is a very precious stone stored here somewhere in this mountain range, and whoever finds it, I learned from my parents, will become the greatest explorer known.
“My parents didn’t want me to go exploring all alone, so they said that if I could find someone to come with me, I could go. So I had to trick you into coming with me. Sorry.” Her voice dropped on the last word, looking down at the ground.
Cotofly was extremely mad at both of them, letting Ave trick him into this, and at Ave because she chose him out of all the other creatures in Ark, and his owners probably noticed that he was gone, but still hoped that they didn’t. But he decided to go anyways, since they had made it this far and Ave was begging non-stop.
“Ok, then. Let’s get going!” Ave exclaimed as Cotofly finally agreed.

I'm starting the third part right now, I think the 100cc should be given out either after the third or fourth part, depending on how much I write

Female
862 posts

saturna • 25 May 2017 at 12:13 AM

@wigglytuff
The prize is fine the way it is now...oh and read it ^^ poor Cotofly...

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 25 May 2017 at 12:20 AM

@wigglytuff Count me in, this is looking great so far!

75 posts

catsy01 • 25 May 2017 at 12:30 AM

@wigglyTuff

May i join? I love this and can not Waite for the next part

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 May 2017 at 10:30 AM

@catsy01 @srx2002 sure!

Female
26 posts

snowbunnies • 25 May 2017 at 10:02 PM

@wigglytuff can I join please?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 May 2017 at 10:06 PM

@snowbunnies adding!

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 25 May 2017 at 10:07 PM

@wigglytuff

May I join? This story is written very well! Can't wait for more~ 😃

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 May 2017 at 10:14 PM

@cloudslay3r adding!

Deleted • 25 May 2017 at 10:41 PM

@wigglytuff
Could I join?
This is a great story so far!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 May 2017 at 10:56 PM

@togepi360 sure!

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 3 June 2017 at 6:39 AM

@wigglytuff ill join

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 June 2017 at 8:57 AM

@murfjis sure

27 posts

catniss45 • 3 June 2017 at 9:17 AM

@wigglystuff

Great story! ^^ Can I join?

827 posts

nine • 3 June 2017 at 9:40 AM

@wigglytuff
May I join? Lovely story you've got going there, quite intriguing and suspenseful. 😊 There's a lot of grammatical errors, but the story itself seems well-balanced so far at least. I hope they'll pick up more characters on the adventure or something, that would make things a bit more fun.