Mothers Love Egg Cave Too!!

in General

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 19 November 2013 at 8:24 PM

@rinoa812 - we'd love to have you join us 😊 I, too, have a boy who is 27 now. Time sure does fly. I remember when my son was 8 😊

@clawstra - I was to gobble through all your cheesecake lol and giggles at your moms turkey experiences, yuk haha luckily my mom is an awesome cook and both of my grandmothers were too. Sometimes we'd all go to dinner Thanksgiving at the fancy hotel. That was always nice too and no clean up. However, we did miss the leftovers!! I love turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and stuffing.

Here's a recipe:

http://www.marylandlife.com/cuisine/recipes/slippery-pot-pie/

* you can make it with leftover turkey. this is pennsylvania dutch comfort food!!! yum!

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 19 November 2013 at 9:44 PM

@novrain62 How do I join ? Im not really helpful with things like recipes and stuff but I will enjoy trying the ones that are posted.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 19 November 2013 at 9:51 PM

@rinoa812 - you just say you want to join and you are in. I already added you to the group feed list. We just make a MLEC2 tab with up to 20 critters in it and we feed each others lists and/or coves daily or when we can. you don't have to do anything else; we are just a small group who help each other with feeds and sometimes share things here.

this is good info for @yileen too. she just joined today, also 😊

No worries about posting in here or anything. We do when it is convenient or if we remember hahaha As you know, we adults have busy lives or brain farts, depends on the day 😋

Good Night Groupies!!

Female
344 posts

yileen • 20 November 2013 at 11:39 AM

@novrain62 I noticed when feeding all coves that most had an MECL2 list indeed, so I made one too already 😃

Today was a short day for me ❤ī¸
Had to work only 1,5 hrs yay!
I work as hmmmm, I help clean the homes of older and sometimes disabled people 😊 Love to do it ❤ī¸ They;re always so happy when i arrive haha.
When I got home i crawled behind my PC, made some tags (name tags with modern pinups in PSP). I ate and came back here LOL

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 20 November 2013 at 2:51 PM

@novrain62 I fed all the ones that are on the list . Im happy to be a part of something =)

Female
344 posts

yileen • 20 November 2013 at 2:56 PM

@clawstra @meme @eschla @birggitt @unknownangels @lizymarie @mighty-lair @mrsgiggles @aloriality @laitha @icedragon3000 @byfelisa @mistishackleton @rinoa812 @sacredscars

Please (if you want LOL) post some of your side-feedlists on my wall, or from your friends who really need it.
I will go on a long feed spree tomorrow. I MUST own a Flub ASAP (I have no patience so that means tomorrow). I'm halfway there now, had some EC stored and fed around 1k creatures today 😃

@novrain62 I already fed some friends coves on your profile ❤ī¸ Will go through them all again tomorrow. Fingers got tired.... 😸

97 posts

mighty-lair • 20 November 2013 at 5:06 PM

Welcome all new members!!

I have been MIA this week/last. Been traveling looking at different houses and neighborhoods but not all boring, I've managed fun time too.

Doesn't look like i'll be on much for the rest of the week so hopefully at night I can get to some feeds in before I pass out 😋

This year we are having Cornish Game Hens. I'm not much of a fan of Turkey, just the oysters in the back. So I try to have something different every year such as Duck. I save Roast Beef for Christmas 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 20 November 2013 at 7:45 PM

I do enjoy a good cornish game hen!!

I am late this evening - a long day at work and then dinner with my mother. am beat, so will catch up feeds tomorrow, i hope!!

@rinoa812 and @yileen it's great to have you both join us. If you like extra ec you are more than welcomed to feed my beloved @honklover62 @vanilla_tigress for owls and/or @my_immortals_62 where there are a few lists, but almost 300 critters. I am very fond of honks and obarns ❤ī¸

@mighty-lair - good luck with the house hunting!! Roasted Beast like in the WHOO Village 😱

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 20 November 2013 at 9:36 PM

@novrain62 @clawstra @meme @eschla @unknownangels @lizymarie @mighty-lair @mrsgiggles @aloriality @laitha @icedragon3000 @byfelisa @mistishackleton @rinoa812 @sacredscars @yileen

So sorry I'm almost not here lately ☚ī¸

As most of you know, my pc graphic card died on me, and it should had been an easy fix: buy a new card, change it for the old one, and voilà!

Sadly, it wasn't. I didn't buy it on my town, because what I need is not easy to find, so I bought it online, and had it delivered at home. When finally arrived (almost two weeks later than promised) it wasn't what I had ordered. *headdesk* I had to send it back, and almost threat the sellers with physical violence to get my blasted card 😋

(oh... too long! okay, let's cut this and go on...)

2 posts

the-blues • 20 November 2013 at 9:39 PM

Ha! Forgot I can't post twice on the forums...

So, I'll finish from my side account 😋

So, my graphic card... It finally arrived, today, and now is all nice and cosy on my pc. But of course, right now we're in the middle of exams, and, as both teacher and student, I'm a leeeeeeeeeeeeetle bit overwhelmed right now. Ah, bur at least, everything is fixed, and no matter what, I'll be, at least, able to fed back all of you, wonderful people who kept coming to fed my babies.

Not today, though... I'm about to crash, but I wanted to show up and let you know: I'M BACK!!!

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 20 November 2013 at 9:55 PM

Ev ening @novrain62 and all you wonderful Moms and Dad!!

It is alright and understand. I hope you get to rest and have a good dinner with your mother. 😊

Welcome @yileen and @rinoa812
You are among some amazing and very friendly members here. ❤ī¸
Giving you both a slice of cherry cheesecake with hugs.

I'm lurking around tonight and trying to get in some feedings, especially since didn't get to yesterday. I hope everyone is having a great week.

Happy house hunting and wish you all the best with a new home @mighty-lair. 😸

@birggitt, it is good to see you and sorry that you had such a hard time getting the graphic card you needed. I know all too well about things seemingly simple yet murphy's law goes into effect. May you have everything in place so you are fully back with us soon.

I'll post a recipe or two tomorrow for everyone to enjoy.

Have a good night all and hugs! ❤ī¸

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 21 November 2013 at 1:02 AM

@byfelisa yaaay cherry cheesecake ❤ī¸ I loves it . lol thank you for the welcome hugs as well *nom nom nom* (eats cheesecake)

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 22 November 2013 at 1:09 AM

Awww, you're welcome and glad you love the cheesecake. I put extra cherries on it. Anytime, I love to give out hugs. You should see how it is in RL I'm quite known for them @rinoa812.

Next on the menu is Chocolate Strawberry Cake for everyone! ❤ī¸
Wishing you all a fantastic Friday. I will do feeds later on today as have a doctor's appointment. {{{Hugs}}}

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 22 November 2013 at 2:41 AM

@byfelisa

Thank you 😊
And Chocolate Strawberry Cake? I'm totally on! *laughs*

I'm cooking this weekend, a whole Asian-based dinner: Chicken Rezala with Biryani. And I'm baking naan too.

But see? I was in need of a good desert 😋

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 22 November 2013 at 10:58 AM

Happy Friday All you Moms & Dad!!

I have two recipes for you to enjoy. They are quite sinful in calories, but worth it if you eat right the rest of the day. Wishing you a lovely day with hugs! 😃

@novrain62
I hope your day went well yesterday. I didn't get to do any feedings as planned, but will get to them today after the doctors appointment. May you have a great day at work and hugs. 😸

Morning to you, @birggitt! 😸
You are welcome and happy you are with the dessert of the day. I will be posting a recipe below just so you know it is so worth it. Hehehe

What a delicious dish!! I love Naan bread as part Cherokee. The fun thing is always having something new and savory to the taste buds. I hope you and yours enjoy the meal this weekend. 😃

LOL Anytime! It was challenging sometimes for dessert ideas, but now there are so many you can find being a diabetic. I even go to the Library and take out cookbooks, though must admit I really have enough at home and still go online for more.
May you have a splendid weekend too and hugs. ❤ī¸

--- RECIPES ---

Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake

Servings: 10

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
2 pints strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped
topping, thawed
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch layer pans.

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, mixing until just moistened. Spread batter evenly into two prepared layer pans.

Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.

In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Let the mixture stand 10 minutes.

Cover the bottom shortcake layer with half of strawberry mixture and half of the whipped topping. Top with second shortcake layer, remaining strawberry mixture and whipped topping. Drizzle with chocolate topping and Bon Appetit.

Chocolate-Strawberry Celebration Cake

12 Servings
Prep: 30 min.
Bake: 30 min. + cooling

Ingredients:

1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
4 Eggland's Best Eggs
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted

FROSTING:
2 cups butter, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 cup 2% milk

GARNISHES:
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled

GANACHE:
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions

Combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds.

Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.

Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
pans to wire racks to cool completely.

In a large bowl, cream the butter, confectioner's sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy.

Beat in milk until smooth.

Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.

Pipe or spoon melted chocolate onto waxed paper in decorative designs; let stand until set.

For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. Heat cream just to a boil; pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake, allowing ganache to drape down the sides.

Arrange strawberries on top of cake.

Top with chocolate garnishes. Enjoy!

Female
344 posts

yileen • 22 November 2013 at 3:38 PM

owww thats all so bad for my diet hahaha
I'm off to watch some tv shows, its 9.30pmish here 😊

@novrain62 THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!! ❤ī¸ ❤ī¸ ❤ī¸ ❤ī¸ ❤ī¸ ❤ī¸

have a nice evening all ❤ī¸ and don't forget to sleep in tomorrow, it's saturday ❤ī¸

Female
38 posts

bliss • 22 November 2013 at 10:39 PM

I feed a lot of the members coves here already and love what this club represents so I'd love to be a part of it 😊

I'm not too fond of typing much due to my pain disease but will contribute as much as my fingers will allow.

I'm Cassie, it's nice to meet you all ❤ī¸

I was not blessed with the ability to have children and therefore may never fit into the mother part of the club but I believe there's always room for more kindness, friendship, support and virtual smiles which I have plenty to give!

@Mighty-Lair also encouraged me to join and mentioned how relaxed and easygoing you all are.

@novrain62

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 23 November 2013 at 6:18 AM

@byfelisa
I'm baking those Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake today. Thanks so much for the recipe!
And yes, I totally agree: I'm always looking for something different and tasty 😃

@bliss
Hi, Cassie! You are right, there can never be too much kindness, friendship, support and virtual smiles. 😊
Hope I'll see your around

Happy weekend, everybody!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 23 November 2013 at 7:48 AM

@bliss - Welcome to the Club!!! So glad you decided to join us.
@byfelisa - omg what an awesome recipe, thank you!!

@birggitt - so glad you are back!!!!

AND GUESS WHAT??????

I just found out I am going to be a first time Grandmother!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LoL This is exciting.

If you don't know, my son is my only child and always said he'd never have children. Guess the AIR FORCE has changed him some. ❤ī¸ My son's fiance is so excited too. The baby is due July 18th 2014

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 23 November 2013 at 7:52 AM

@novrain62

OMG! What a wonderful news! Congratulations! \o/
And that gives me hope, as my only son? he has only declared that he's not gonna be a dad ever.

Although, he's not in the Air Force 😋

Female
38 posts

bliss • 23 November 2013 at 1:11 PM

Thanks @Birggit and @Novrain62 ❤ī¸

Congratulations on the news! Babies most often than not are bundles of unexpected blessings and surprises 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 23 November 2013 at 8:01 PM

LoL @briggitt - i'll keep that in my prayers for you 😊
@bliss - thank you so much 😊 and good luck moving. that's a chore I dread!!

Female
344 posts

yileen • 24 November 2013 at 4:07 AM

@novrain62 such great news!! congrats!!!! ❤ī¸ ❤ī¸
Welcome @bliss I'll add you to my feedlist ❤ī¸

I have a newbie question! haha

What is the difference between a frozen creature and an immortal one? Or is it just the same and people use different words for it? 😋
And if a creature is frozen will it still level when you click/feed/view?

And the second 😋
If I create a side account, for storage/trading.
I know i cant go to the cave or feed other creatures. But can i feed the ones on that side account?
And how do i get the first egg there to trade with my main? And can i have more than 1 side accounts? 1 to trade/storage and a secret one to avoid views?

Thats it for now I think ❤ī¸ ❤ī¸

Female
659 posts

eschla • 27 November 2013 at 3:53 PM

@novrain62 Congrats grandmom 😊
And sacredscars is gone from EggCave, so not in list anymore or am I not right?

No notice got that bliss is new to the group. Could I add her?

Female
66 posts

laitha • 27 November 2013 at 4:04 PM

I am really really lost. Who is new in our group?
And congrat novrain 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 28 November 2013 at 3:24 AM

Happy Thanksgiving you lovely ladies and gent!!

I trust you will enjoy the day with family and friends and eat lots of delicious goodies.

@laitha - you can find the updated list on my @novrain62 profile, anytime 😊 we have 3 new members

@yileen - frozen means that creature or egg is frozen in the stage forever but can still die, so must be fed until immortality stage at level 2000.
You can have 4 accounts - 1 main, 3 sides - just grab an egg from the cave to open it, cause you have to, then just collect eggs from Adoption center to use as trade eggs 😊

Thank you all for the grandbaby to be congrats!!!

Updated List

@clawstra @meme
@eschla @birggitt
@unknownangels @lizymarie
@mighty-lair @mrsgiggles
@aloriality @laitha
@icedragon3000 @byfelisa
@mistishackleton @yileen
@rinoa812 @bliss

Side Note:
@unknownangels is leaving egg cave for an unknown amount of time and is in need of babysitters. if you can help by taking some creatures, post her a mailing 😊

Female
344 posts

yileen • 28 November 2013 at 6:25 AM

@novrain62 Thanks you! & Happy Birthday!

Happy Thanks giving to all ❤ī¸

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 30 November 2013 at 7:42 AM

@eschla - yes you may add bliss 😊

sacredscars is indeed gone from egg cave and can be removed from list.
unknownangel will be gone also and is looking for 'babysitters'.

@yileen - you are very welcome!

The new Creature Auction is fun!! I will be happy when it is open to the public ❤ī¸

Happy Weekend!!!!

Female
344 posts

yileen • 30 November 2013 at 8:15 AM

I froze my first creature \o/
I feel exited LOL.
Froze my Tasma Nayla on first stage 😊

Have a great weekend all ❤ī¸

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 30 November 2013 at 8:20 AM

@yileen - that is wonderful!! It's always a good feeling to be able to freeze in a stage preferred. Like my first Fangthrop - I wasn't able to freeze it as a baby, so it matured and I didn't like it ☚ī¸ ... So I got a new Fangthrop (Crimson) and was just able to freeze it yesterday 😊 YAH!!

Enjoy your Weekend!!