Mothers Love Egg Cave Too!!

in General

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 24 January 2014 at 9:14 PM

@kiryko - we enjoy recipes here. of course most of us don't get to visit this forum alot, but we try LoL Share if you'd like and give a few of us a ping when you do. I am sure we'll share back.

@kampos - sure 😊 welcome to the #MLEC2 club.

@clawstra - recipe share ?

Isn't it only 3 pings a box?

Member List:

@clawstra @meme
@eschla @birggitt
@lizymarie @mighty-lair
@mrsgiggles @laitha
@icedragon3000 @yileen
@rinoa812 @bliss
@kiryko @kampos

Inactive/On Hiatus #MLEC2 Members:
@unknownangels @aloriality @sacredscars
@mistishackleton @byfelisa

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 24 January 2014 at 11:09 PM

❤ī¸ Good Evening All you Moms & Dad!! ❤ī¸

@novrain62
Thank you for writing on my wall and reminding me I needed to check in as returning to active and thank you so much for the support and the get well wishes. I believe it helped a lot. 😸

A tardy but very sincere and warm welcome to:
@kiryko @kampos @rinoa812 @bliss

I'm very happy to see other adults here and hope you all have fun with us. This is an amazing group of very caring and giving people. ❤ī¸

At present only one cat and I have 3 grown beautiful daughters with one grandson.
In a relationship of 25 years to a great man and run my own graphic business.

Now that I am back you can count on me posting recipes and some interesting things.

I wish you all a very happy and relaxing weekend!! 😃

Mint chocolate cocoa with sugar cookies for everyone today. May it keep you all warm. Hugs

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 24 January 2014 at 11:15 PM

@byfelisa thanks for the welcome =) Its been really nice to be a part of a group of other moms (and one dad ) =) I dont visit the forums that often but ping me if you are trying to get my attention =)

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 24 January 2014 at 11:18 PM

@byfelisa - 2 dogs for me, 1 son
* staying in my moms house right now, so she has 7 dogs, 7 cats 😱 *

*expecting my first grandchild on July 20th ❤ī¸

*barista, caterer by trade ( i guess ) haha
is that what I want at this point? was lucky to find any job after my move back east. has been hard.

*Maine Mud Cookies - hot cocoa with cinnamon and whipped cream

Maine Mud Cookie Recipe:

48 Servings
Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch

Ingredients

2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, sugars, baking soda and

salt. Stir in buttermilk and applesauce (dough will be thick and moist).

Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spread with a fork to make irregular shapes.

Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm.
Cool on wire racks

@kiryko @kampos @clawstra

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 24 January 2014 at 11:32 PM

You're welcome @rinoa812 and glad you are feeling at home here. I surely will ping you and thanks. 😃

What is the breed of your dogs, @novrain62?
It must be a large house and very cuddly there with both dogs and cats at your Mom's place.

Just thinking of picturing 7 of each reminds me of when I was little and my aunt had 3 cats and 4 dogs. She had a very large backyard and lots of toys in the den for them. It was so much fun playing around with them and most times I was swarmed. Hehehe 😊
That is a lot of bathing though, isn't it?

You said it, it is hard to get a job. There are so many shortages and sad to say it doesn't matter whether you have a degree or not the jobs are just hard to find.

How much capital does it take to have your own business in that profession or to partner with someone, by the way?

Thanks for the recipe it looks real yummy and healthy too! ❤ī¸

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 24 January 2014 at 11:43 PM

@byfelisa =) I love animals too (sorry i popped into yalls convo =P

@novrain62 my goodness that sounds incredibly yummy. If I had the money to get the stuff Id totally try my hand at making that. I love too cook but unfortunately do to my lack of employment we are eating cheap =) I make great beans though =P

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 24 January 2014 at 11:46 PM

@byfelisa - a large house indeed; built during the civil war times - needs lots of work and is for sale. it was part of the underground railroad

capital: it would be nice to have 100k - depends on location, purchase price or lease and the kind of equipment is there - insurance, licenses, vehicle for deliveries (catering jobs) *insurance is expensive

@rinoa812

(((( Ramen Noodles: add veggies )))) and Beans are Awesome!!!!

Beans, Ham Hock, Tomatoes, V-8 or water (tomato juice), s & p, a bag of 13 bean soup (dry beans) and throw together for a yummy meal

Chili is always a cheap meal - beefy nachos - tacos -
burritos - ❤ī¸

((( A german shepherd and a blind pomeranian )))

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 24 January 2014 at 11:59 PM

@novrain62 I have never used ham hock. I usually use bacon. Is the ham hock better and cheaper? And I make dried pinto beans generally. Usually put garlic, salt , pepper, powdered onion, and chipotle peppers in it. Although Ive heard adding a can of rotel (tomatoes and chilis) is really good.

oh and cumin =P I forgot

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 January 2014 at 12:03 AM

@rinoa812 - yes, i'd say ham hock is cheaper and gives excellent flavor. all the seasonings sound wonderful!! I add onions and carrots, too and sometimes potatoes.

I love pinto beans! Refried beans (vegetarian) on a soft tortilla with scrambled eggs (sometimes sausage or rice), cheese and sour cream.

Rotel is so good melted with Velveeta 😱

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 25 January 2014 at 12:06 AM

@novrain62 if i were to add onion and carrot at what point do you addthem? Oh by the way i use a slow cooker =P the carrots would be ok i think the whole time but wouldnt the potatoes dissolve after 8 hours? although i put potatoes in my slow cooked pot roast so maybe they be ok lol. and yes rotel is great with velveeta ❤ī¸

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 January 2014 at 12:10 AM

You can add them in the last two hours, but like you said, we cook them from the beginning when we make roasts 😊 the only difference is the water content, so waiting last two hours is prefered.

The best way, roast carrots, onions, potatoes in oven ❤ī¸

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 25 January 2014 at 12:15 AM

@novrain62 mmm that sounds great =) My next project to learn to do is make chili. I hear its not too difficult and pretty cheap to make. And I think you can do it in a slowcooker =P (my favorite way to cook lol)

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 January 2014 at 12:23 AM

well the favorite where I work is my vegan chili ❤ī¸
I love making chili and I make it all kind of ways; meat and meatless but ALWAYS start by sauteing onions, celery, carrots and garlic in olive oil - after that - brown meat(s) if you are going to add meat - then add beans - I use kidney, black and northern - V8 or Tomato juice - then add any other vegetables you want (if making vegetarian/vegan chili). In summer, fall I add zucchini, squash. Of course I add 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped.

I've used beef (hamburger, roasts cut up into pieces, mini meatballs), venison and buffalo. You can use chicken or turkey burger; you can add sausage (ground and tube style).

The beauty of chili is you can do what you want!!!

I have no set recipe; just steps 😱

Female
52 posts

kampos • 25 January 2014 at 12:23 AM

@byfelisa @novrain62 Thanks!

@novrain62 @rinoa812 Love the recipes! Will remember to try some out! 😃

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 25 January 2014 at 12:26 AM

@novrain62 Is buffalo good? Ive never had it. Ive had elk and it was yummy lol. I have had venison chili before but i have never cooked venison before and i dont hunt . It would probably be ground beef for me =P

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 January 2014 at 12:29 AM

@kiryko - please do 😊

@rinoa812 - buffalo is awesome!! my husband was Native American (full-blood) and my first buffalo roast was at our wedding supper. I love it!!

** I must sign off now, so will continue another time **

thank you for sharing!!!

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 25 January 2014 at 12:31 AM

@novrain62 ok goodnight =) I want to try buffalo now =) my honey has a little Native American in him . Like his great great great grandma. Pretty far back =P

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 January 2014 at 12:32 AM

@rinoa812 - so do I ❤ī¸
Night Night

97 posts

mighty-lair • 25 January 2014 at 5:22 AM

@novrain62 @bliss

As soon as my internet got fixed I broke. Dr visits are filling up my calendar.

The good news is that we found a house up here to move into. I cannot wait to move in again with my gf, get out of this studio apartment and away from these hideous people (Was that a gun shot? Oh, just the drunken arse across the street breaking beer bottles in a metal garbage can in the middle of the night. I just tucked and rolled off my bed).

We'll be moving the end of this month and the best of the best is I will have made it without going to prison happy. Although, a lot can happen in a week, no no find my happy place.

Mocking aside things are really rolling along and we will be off this mountain by Spring. 😊 Surgeries should be done by then too!

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 25 January 2014 at 11:01 AM

@novrain62,@rinoa812,@kampos
Here's mine recipe from already non-existing country
Sharlotte pie
(sorry I'll use incorrect measures-we all measure in gramms)1tbsp=25g, 1 tsp=5g 1 cup=200g(powder or 250 g liquid)
200g of apples(near 7 ounce)
15g of butter
40g of milk
100 g of wheat bread(not fresh)
30 g of sugar syrop
1 egg
50 g apricot jam or souse( could be done without it)
cinnamon( for children from 3 years)

Apples peeled,sliced, and boiled with butter, sugar syrop(15g) untill soft (you may add cinnamon)
Whisk egg with the rests of sugar syrop and cold milk
Cut crusts from bread, slice the soft part and wet it with milk and egg mix.
Grease baking form with butter and put slices of bread on a bottom and sides of it.
Put apples in the middle and cover them with rests of bread.
If you want crunchy crus put some melted butter on the upper cover of bread
Bake for 20 min in a middle fire in the oven.
You may add apricot jam when it's served.
Sugar syrop:100g sugar put in 100g of hot water boil 20 min in weak fire. If you have as realt less then 100 g of syrop add water and boil again the same time.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 January 2014 at 11:04 AM

Hey @kiryko - that sounds really good actually!! I'll have to try it sometime. It's kind of like a baked french toast dish. I love apple anything and apricot jam 😊

Thank you for sharing the recipe!

207 posts

clawstra • 25 January 2014 at 11:45 AM

@novrain62

My husband has pleaded with me to stop baking. Weight issues...grumble...mutter...mutter. My fear is he'll want to start Atkins again. (Runs to hoard fruit)

Buffalo is great, but very expensive where I live. It's at least double the price of beef.

I'm a big fan of chili. I make vats and then freeze it in meal size portions. I love to make nachos with it.

I don't generally use recipes. I may read them, and then do something similar. Unless I'm baking, of course.

@mighty-lair

Glad to hear you have found somewhere to move.
Sorry to hear doctors and surgery are once again part of your routine.

And on a lighter note, I am so sick of college applications and jumping through hoops for them. Aaarghh!
(daughter is a senior)

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 January 2014 at 11:51 AM

LoL Good luck @clawstra with those APPS and to your daughter!! Awesome.

Chili YUM!! No recipe here either, just go with what feels, smells and tastes like. Unless baking, of course, haha (which btw, I really don't like to do). I am a soup person or anything else; just not a baker.

That's too bad about buffalo. It is so good and it is low fat. Lean and Mean!! Makes great chili ❤ī¸

@mighty-lair - to where are we moving? lol
I hate this cold. So sorry for your upcoming medical procedures. So many people suffer and I believe it is the atmosphere; chemicals in our food and water supply, etc

Atkins - yeah, cause Dr. Atkins lived long 😱

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 25 January 2014 at 6:11 PM

@kiryko That sounds amazing ❤ī¸ Ill save recipe and try it at some point.

@clawstra I didnt realize you could freeze chili =) I have heard you can do it with soups though so I guess it makes sense =)

207 posts

clawstra • 25 January 2014 at 6:15 PM

@rinoa812

I use the freezer bags or freezer containers and always make a huge batch. It makes days when you are tired much more pleasant.

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 25 January 2014 at 6:18 PM

@clawstra we always buy meat in bulk and freeze it in freezer bags. It seems cheaper that way =) I definately will make some chili but my honey eats lol so I dont know if there will be left overs =P

97 posts

mighty-lair • 25 January 2014 at 8:17 PM

Aww, @clawstra and @novrain62, thanks but the surgeries just might fix things up. It's my dry sense of humor that reads dour. The inflections in my voice, which you can't hear, changes everything... so um...

Chili is awesome!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 January 2014 at 8:19 PM

☚ī¸ and 😊 if it all works out @mighty-lair

Had chinese food this afternoon. Shrimp Lo Mein and a Shrimp Egg Roll and froze my butt off in there (and it's freezing outside).

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 25 January 2014 at 8:20 PM

@mighty-lair I dont know about your situation but good luck with your surgeries =) I Hope everything goes great for you. My mom just recently had back surgery for the second time and it seems to be helping =)

Female
66 posts

laitha • 27 January 2014 at 5:02 PM

On Sunday I will have birthday. I really want to cook some good birthday cake for me and my family. Can you recommend me some good recipe?