Speculum HALLOWEEN CREATURE

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think?

263 posts

trig • 11 September 2014 at 8:44 PM

#creaturesuggestion

-----

Egg: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1412zbd&s=8#.VBI_YvldV8E

Stage 1 (escaping from its mirror prison): http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28wc5eg&s=8#.VBI_l_ldV8E

Stage 2 (in fighting stance. There are still purple vestiges which remind the user that it has not fully escaped its mirror prison): http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fy0qo4&s=8#.VBI_sfldV8E

Original idea was the Bladows (http://www.eggcave.com/forums/topic/49814)

Egg description:
Contrary to popular myth, Speculum eggs are usually found in closets, not haunted houses. Once one sees the egg, the person can see him or herself in the purple aura, almost like a mirror. As you get close, two gray blades swirl faster and faster, suggesting that you stay away.

Creature description:
Speculums are demented shadow creatures trapped inside of mirrors for three centuries. Once a human gets too close to an egg, the blades swirl until they cut the gray mist, releasing the creature. Despite the long years in confinement, the Speculum still has traces of its heart.

Until 1714 AD, Speculum served throughout England. Its agility and ability to disappear instantaneously made the creature a great spy. Once, when King George I sent his Speculum to spy on the French, the creature was caught. French magicians therefore locked Speculum into a mirror and threw it into a closet. Speculum, suffocating, cannot escape until a human looks into its mirror-like egg.

-----

I really hope you guys like this. @crunchyoreo25 (my sister) and I worked hard on this creature. She, being the good writer, wrote the description, while I designed the creature. Can this please be made into a Halloween CSP creature? Let us know in the comments section and the poll!

This creature is meant to be "wispy," since it is a shadow-based creature. Especially the last stage, it would be almost see through -- a dark travel would emphasize the creature.

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 11 September 2014 at 8:55 PM

@trig
It looks really cool!

263 posts

trig • 11 September 2014 at 8:56 PM

@bang14982

Thanks! I wanted to try a different style for EggCave. Hope everyone responds and votes! 😊

3,399 posts

bun • 11 September 2014 at 8:58 PM

@trig
I like it, it's very unique. c:

263 posts

trig • 11 September 2014 at 9:02 PM

@_black3333_

Thanks for the encouragement. 😊 I don't know how long it takes for a creature to be fully developed, but if this is done by October, I'd be super excited -- its a new type of art here.

3,399 posts

bun • 11 September 2014 at 9:03 PM

@trig
Indeed. ^-^

Good luck!

Female
340 posts

persona • 11 September 2014 at 9:11 PM

I like the egg a lot ^^ the rest of it honestly looks really confusing to me..
but it looks really cool.
It sounds really dark though.. so I think it would be perfect fit for Halloween =)

263 posts

trig • 11 September 2014 at 9:33 PM

@brenna_080

Stage 1 is supposed to be the Speculum escaping its mirror... Getting rid of it (as it says in the description).

Stage 2 is supposed to be it in its fighting stance. You can see there are still purple vestiges of the mirror on its back. That's on purpose because it was never "really free" from the mirror.

Get it a bit more now? 😊

Female
340 posts

persona • 11 September 2014 at 10:24 PM

The first one made sense as I was reading the description.
The 2nd makes sense now that you say that but I just am having a hard time visually seeing the figure XD it looks like a really cool bird to me in the 2nd one.

But I still love the whole thing =)
thank you for writing that stuff though! It made me understand it easier =)

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 11 September 2014 at 10:53 PM

@trig

Oooh, it's certainly different from what we usually see. I think the egg would be really cool. 😱

The only problem I have with it now is that it's a bit difficult to visualize and/or see the image. ^^;

Love the description 😸

2,688 posts

aliney • 11 September 2014 at 10:58 PM

@trig
I like the egg the most ^^ It still somewhat looks weird in the other stages.

Female
1,827 posts

poe • 11 September 2014 at 11:45 PM

@trig
Neat idea! I like the artwork you've created for it. It makes for a pretty good piece, but I think it would need a little more to be a creature on eggcave. Not to mention you used a black background -which is awesome, don't get me wrong- where eggcave uses white backgrounds, until you add a travel, so it might be hard to execute that way.
By the way, I'm always happy to take a look at creature suggestions!

263 posts

trig • 12 September 2014 at 3:13 PM

@iceiceice

Alrighty, understood. 😊 I'll try to fix'em.

@aliney

Thanks for the suggestion. I like the egg as well. I'd even be honored if they use the egg as a template for later stages.

@poe

LOL, this idea and approach /is/ different from the usual white background, etc., so I wanted to see the reactions. I'll try to put my best foot forward.

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 12 September 2014 at 3:32 PM

@trig

That's awesome 😊 I like the background, especially the spy part; it was a fun twist. To see it as a creature here would be awesome. A creature that comes with its own background would be awesommeee~~~

Female
112 posts

miss-princess • 12 September 2014 at 4:39 PM

Quite honestly, I don't see this ever becoming an official egg cave creature. I love the concept, and how you want outside the box, but the creatures in this game are all inside this box. You did great work and effort here, but it's not very good. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be rude, just constructive. If you want the eggcave artists to even give your creature a second look, you should actually make a creature, not just a pattern of colored wisps.

Female
1,827 posts

poe • 12 September 2014 at 4:49 PM

@trig
I do like it, and it's a great approach, it just might not work for eggcave to create. You could always do another version with more form and try it on a white background to figure out how to make it work that way.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 12 September 2014 at 5:02 PM

looks great! sounds great too, but the drawing is pretty confusing!

Female
351 posts

umbregrl • 12 September 2014 at 5:33 PM

@trig

looks cool! Really different of what we usually see on egg cave!

Deleted • 12 September 2014 at 7:04 PM

@trig
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS *^*
IT'S AMAZING ❤️
I LOVE THE CONCEPT AND THE DESCRIPTION 😃 ❤️
GREAT JOB!

263 posts

trig • 12 September 2014 at 8:06 PM

@shun-m

Thanks for the encouraging words. 😊 If it does get chosen, I hope the artist does a "light shadow" work on it... Light like the Biwo.

@mindassala
@dcmaster
@nightmaremoon12

Can you three please comment and vote? Thank you. 😊

Male
682 posts

decay • 12 September 2014 at 8:11 PM

@Trig It's looks really really really awesome! and I love the concept reminds me of some sort of wraith! ^~^ but the style of art is really different from Egg Caves!

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 12 September 2014 at 8:12 PM

L-O-V-E how it looks!

263 posts

trig • 12 September 2014 at 8:27 PM

@dcmaster
@nightmaremoon12

Thanks guys! If we can make this thread more popular, perhaps this'll capture the developers' attention. 😊

@lunka
@niale

What are your thoughts? Please vote on the poll and comment below.

Deleted • 12 September 2014 at 8:36 PM

I thinks it's great! I think they should make that on here

Female
2,529 posts

mindassala • 12 September 2014 at 8:41 PM

@trig

interesting concept, but I'm not sure what this creature is supposed to look like -- it looks like some kind of deep sea creature --like something that is completely transparent except for some electrical pulses that keep it from being completely invisible

Female
170 posts

lunka • 13 September 2014 at 8:30 PM

@trig
I like the story but as what others had said, the pictures are a bit confusing?

The 1st stage, I see something like a human running out from the "mirror"

The 2nd stage... what my first thought is, the "human" being pulled on the back and fell (But the "red cross" confuse... like the drawer rejecting what they've drawn?)